FaceGen Pro versus Headshop Pro

I am thinking about buying one of the two, but I don't know with which product I am better off with. As far as I can tell Headshop Pro is easier to use and can be used in DS without the need for importing things while FaceGen needs additional steps to get the custom face/skin and morphs in DS. Does FaceGen have more features or have better results than Headshop Pro or are both products more or less equal in what it can do?

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You might want to try a forum search.  There are oodles of threads about both.  This one from last week.

What is the best face transfer tool? - Daz 3D Forums

• backgroundbackground Posts: 381
    edited July 2022

Headshop can cope with smiling faces, and heads that are at an angle. I hides the eyelashes ( and puts them in the wong place ) . It only changes the texture of the head.

Facegen need a face which is straight at the camera, and with a neutral expression. It works for the eyelashes. Facegen tints the whole body texture to match the head. and you can choose which body texture you want to put the head onto.

Post edited by background on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247

Actually Headshop does make a full texture set too ... one has to find its storage location and manually apply all the new textures. The one that loads on the face can also be replaced by the better one it saves over in its special location.

FaceGen can apply the same head morph to ALL of the Genesis clan whereas Headshop is geared more for G8 and/or G8.1.