Animate2 takes tooooooooo long to render

qstudio_oneqstudio_one Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in Art Studio

I just finished a 3 minutes movie animate2 in dancing mode and ready to render. I started to render movie in IMAX setting and went doing chores. To my surprise after 5 hours and still going. Still Rendering Frame 16 and just keep going. I finally cancel it it and started again but another 2 hours still keep going. I'm using DAZ Pro 4.7, Mac Pro.

Here's the note on the rendering
Rendering in 3Delight
Rendering Frame 0
Rendering...
3Delight message #43 (Severity 1): R2001: object 'shapematerial_Leaf_493_1d4' (displacement 'DAZ/Uber/displacement/omDispStandard', surface 'DAZ/Uber/surface/omUberSurface') exceeded its displacement bound by 0%

How many Render Frame are there
I stop in Render Frame 16
Am I doing something wrong.
Any help is very much appreciated

Thank you
Arnold

Post edited by qstudio_one on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001
    edited December 1969

Imax is a proportion, not a size -what were your pixel dimensions? In any event, yes animations -especially if one or both dimensions is large - can take a long time.

• qstudio_oneqstudio_one Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

IMAX file is 4K pixel. I just reduced the file to Full HD 1980X1080 2K with render range up to 120 frame and able to download 4 seconds. I will try the maximum render 353 and see how many seconds I can get. After this download maybe will reduce the pixel to 720 to get maximum seconds.

Thank you and will update the final result
    Arnold

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

I think you should learn about frame sizes - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_frame#Physical_film_frames

4K is not IMAX, nor is HD 2K... IMAX is 70mm, 2K is larger than 1920x1080 HD...

Bottom line, you don't need anything larger than 1920x1080 unless you're theatrically showing your product.

image.jpg
    630 x 312 - 31K