Error 404(7)

lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 446
edited August 2022 in Product Suggestions

Post edited by lorddayradon on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You have to open a ticket if you want attention from Daz.

But how are you installing, and what does the log have about the error?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

It's the by-now-familiar double backslash "//" in the path for the bitmap. As @felis said, it will take a ticket to get it fixed through proper channels. To correct it yourself in the meantime, when prompted, Locate the file as indicated (the relative path and filename are in the dialog header), and select it from the list of files. Open and enjoy. To avoid it happening in the future, save a new character preset before doing anything else. It will be saved with the correct path for the "missing" file. Material presets are also affected. You could also edit the .duf file to replace the "//Runtime" string with "/Runtime" wherever it occurs.

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 446

felis said:

You have to open a ticket if you want attention from Daz.

But how are you installing, and what does the log have about the error?

Installed through install manager. Not sure how long, have a lot of chars so, could have been a while.

I can open a ticket, but will be just as effective to use natural eyes.

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 446
    edited August 2022

Post edited by lorddayradon on

lorddayradon said:

NorthOf45 said:

It's the by-now-familiar double backslash "//" in the path for the bitmap. As @felis said, it will take a ticket to get it fixed through proper channels. To correct it yourself in the meantime, when prompted, Locate the file as indicated (the relative path and filename are in the dialog header), and select it from the list of files. Open and enjoy. To avoid it happening in the future, save a new character preset before doing anything else. It will be saved with the correct path for the "missing" file. Material presets are also affected. You could also edit the .duf file to replace the "//Runtime" string with "/Runtime" wherever it occurs.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to remember that as I've moved well beyond that stage in the scene. So hard though, when you don't touch a specific feature for months/years and then stumble across it not working as intended/expected.

It was actually DAZ Studio versions before 4.20 that let it slide. Ever since there has been a proliferation of "missing file" errors. Some have been updated, and I have at least a dozen more waiting to be downloaded.

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

NorthOf45 said:

So, load the character.   Tell it to locate the file.   Then do a "save as... character preset" and use that preset going forward?

• Db3d said:

NorthOf45 said:

So, load the character.   Tell it to locate the file.   Then do a "save as... character preset" and use that preset going forward?

Yes. You can also edit the .duf file in a text editor, possibly decompressing ti first, to replace //runtime with /runtime

Db3d said:

NorthOf45 said:

That should do it. Sometimes there are other references in the .duf that might elude the net. Myself, I edit the .duf files to make 100% sure to get them all.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,207

You should definitely open a ticket, though. Otherwise DAZ/Emrys won't know they need to fix it.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

Seems like the OP didn't raise a ticket as I just had this same error so I have submitted a ticket now.

If anyone else finds their way here before the product is updated they can fix their copy by opening "Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Evlin.duf" in a text editor and either searching for the double-slashes or jumping to lines 296, 41812 & 41930. You just need to remove one of the slashes from before the word "Runtime" so  "//Runtime..." becomes "/Runtime...".