Won't render and now won't not crash

Well this is my first major Daz issue in two years and it came on out of the blue. During a normal session with daz i noticed that it wouldnt render a rather large scene that it had previously rendered before. It kept saying "error during rendering". I then spent the next hour or so taking stuff out of the scene to see if that would help. The only way i could get daz to render anything was to clear the scene and try a genesis 2 character, which it done. Time for bed, ill try that other scene again tomorrow. This morning im having a different issue in that daz just crashes now. I open it up, maybe load a gen 8.1 and then it just crashes. and more worryingly some of my other applications now crash too.

So far i have downloaded, installed and reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers, but now im looking in to reinstalling daz. It says i have 12hrs to wait for my library to be copied so for now ill wait to see if anyone has anyother ideas.

Thnks in advance.

Comments

• That sounds like a ahrdware issue, perhaps (given that it started with heavy senes) memory, with luck something simple like a RAM stck needing to be reseated. Might also be worth checking drivers first, though, sicne software is generally a safer fix (and do a back up, just to be safe, if you don't regularly).

• globallyglobally Posts: 118

Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds like a ahrdware issue, perhaps (given that it started with heavy senes) memory, with luck something simple like a RAM stck needing to be reseated. Might also be worth checking drivers first, though, sicne software is generally a safer fix (and do a back up, just to be safe, if you don't regularly).

thanks Richard. As I only really have daz and blender on the machine I've gone for a fresh windows install. Loaded up and rendered a gen8.1 and all seemed ok so I'm now transferring over my entire library. Fingers crossed.

• In that case it sounds as if it may have been driver-related, there is a utility called DDU that can (perhaps) scrape the entire driver off the system for a reinstall, without having to reinstall the whole OS.

• dramenondramenon Posts: 52

That's interesting, I am in a somewhat similar state. D|S began crashing the last day or so... was working up till literally this time. I was rendering, catalyzer fur animals ( up to 2 at a time) However, now the same saved file will not open, new scenes with one animals crashes on render, Duplicating an animal crashes and so on... even regular Gen 8 generic figures can crash posing them. 

It is werid because last week was mostly problem free. No new drivers, nothing changed unless WIn 10 slipped in an update, which I have blocked so....  I look forward to hearing any solutions or ideas around this.

I would rather downgrade to a more stable version - is there such a thing?
    laugh

• vectorinusvectorinus Posts: 112

If Windows has been updated, it is better to update the Nvidia drivers as well.