GF3 pose usage with GF8 correction script help

j11011j11011 Posts: 32

Hello everyone,

first, I'm completely new to Daz scripting, and I wanted to fix a nagging issue I had with older GF3 pose presets I was using with GF8 models, the shoulder and thigh bends needed readjusting, so I looked for a quicker way to do this than manually moving sliders around and hacked together a script from an example I found that did something similar to what I wanted, it works like I expected it to on the view screen, but I'd like a comment from experienced people if this method is safe and wouldn't cause any problems?

thank you in advance

// DAZ Studio version 4.20.0.17 filetype DAZ Script//select the figurevar item = Scene.getPrimarySelection();if ( item.inherits( "DzBone" ))	{	item = item.getSkeleton();	}//select the Hip node of the figurevar item = Scene.findNodeByLabel( "Left Shoulder Bend" );if (item){		var correction = 45;		Set_PosRot_to_Zero (item)}var item = Scene.findNodeByLabel( "Right Shoulder Bend" );if (item){		var correction = -45;		Set_PosRot_to_Zero (item)}var item = Scene.findNodeByLabel( "Left Thigh Bend" );if (item){		var correction = -5.5;		Set_PosRot_to_Zero (item)}var item = Scene.findNodeByLabel( "Right Thigh Bend" );if (item){		var correction = 5.5;		Set_PosRot_to_Zero (item)}function Set_PosRot_to_Zero (item)	{ 		item.select( true );//		print (item.name)//		print ("tx: " + item.getXPosControl().getValue()) //		print ("ty: " + item.getYPosControl().getValue()) //		print ("tz: " + item.getZPosControl().getValue()) //		print ("rx: " + item.getXRotControl().getValue()) //		print ("ry: " + item.getYRotControl().getValue()) //		print ("rz: " + item.getZRotControl().getValue())		var currentLShB =  item.getZRotControl().getValue();		//item.getXPosControl().setValue(0) 		//item.getYPosControl().setValue(0) 		//item.getZPosControl().setValue(0) 		//item.getXRotControl().setValue(0) 		//item.getYRotControl().setValue(0) 		item.getZRotControl().setValue(currentLShB+correction)	}

dsa
dsa
GF3toGF8 pose correction script.dsa
Post edited by j11011 on

Comments

• j11011j11011 Posts: 32

ran into a problem with the first attempt, it wouldn't work with multiple figures, it would work on the first figure in the Scene only, so I hacked together a better one, works on multiple selected figures and has an undo function

dsa
    dsa
    GF3toGF8 pose correction script v2.dsa