Why is Daz Studio Requesting Accessibility Permissions?

Running Daz 4.20 on a 2014 MacBook Pro. It will periodically request access to my calendar and contacts, or for accessibility permissions to control my Mac. Why would a render program request that? Why have previous iterations of Daz Studio never requested permissions like this? Have other Mac users encountered this request?

Comments

• I'm pretty sure this has come up before, and the message is misleading, but admitedly finding the discussion(s) would be tricky.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

colongraphics said:

Running Daz 4.20 on a 2014 MacBook Pro. It will periodically request access to my calendar and contacts, or for accessibility permissions to control my Mac. Why would a render program request that? Why have previous iterations of Daz Studio never requested permissions like this? Have other Mac users encountered this request?

Requiring access to the Calander or Contacts is an error,  but Daz does require Accessibility Permissions as certain functions require it like scripts for instance.  To stop daz from asking add the Daz Studio App to the Accessibility Pane in the Security Preferences. 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

Accessibility permissions are necessary to let Studio tell other programs (including Finder) to do things. For instance, in the Content Library tab, if you right-click a file and select "Browse to file location", it'll open a Finder window for the directory with the file selected. It's only started asking for this recently, because over the last few years, Apple has been locking down the ability of programs to interact with each other for security reasons.

• Thank you for your responses. I appreciate it.

• edited March 2023

murgatroyd314 said:

Accessibility permissions are necessary to let Studio tell other programs (including Finder) to do things. For instance, in the Content Library tab, if you right-click a file and select "Browse to file location", it'll open a Finder window for the directory with the file selected. It's only started asking for this recently, because over the last few years, Apple has been locking down the ability of programs to interact with each other for security reasons.

Yes, but why does Daz need access to my contacts? I understand why it would need access to Finder in order get my files. But why in the seven hells does this application need to know who i am in contact with?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • As I said above, I think this is a message that isn't giving a wholly correct image - as far as I know Daz Studio doesn't need, or seek, access to your contacts.