Exporting a full figure (with morphs, clothes and hair)

Hi!

I want to know if is possible to save a full character (with morphs, clothes and hair, and other elements, like bags, shoes, etc) like a single character in order to use on other computers without the need to copy the original full library (1 tb is mine) to have all the elements together for that particular character.

I have tried file/save as/Support Asset/Figure/prop assets   but don't work, since is just the nude figure (with the morphs included but not the clothes and other accessories)

Of course, File/save as/Scene saves the character with the elements, but when trying to open it on another computer, cannot find all the accessories since they are scattered all over my original 1TB library.

I have tried other variations but until now cannot find a way to have all the elements open on another computer.

So, is in any way possible to have a "closed" package/folder of some kind with ALL the elements that compound the character in one place in order to make that character passible for easy and light use on another computer?

Hope my question is clear and sorry for my bad English.

Comments

• If it's content from Daz and you allow DS to go online, so it knows you own the products, it will offer to install them for you.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
    Are you trying to do this so you can have a ready dressed 'favourite' character to put into your scenes? (I do this with most of my characters as I think many look best in particular clothes with certain hair and jewellery) If this is what you want to do, then save as a 'Scene Subset'. Just after selecting the filename, select the parts of the scene you want to save by unticking the bits you don't want in the scene hierarchy box that appears and press the 'Save' button. That's all there is to it. Note: this is not a way to create complete files that can be distributed with all the images, morphs and data built into the file. Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy said:

Are you trying to do this so you can have a ready dressed 'favourite' character to put into your scenes? (I do this with most of my characters as I think many look best in particular clothes with certain hair and jewellery) If this is what you want to do, then save as a 'Scene Subset'. Just after selecting the filename, select the parts of the scene you want to save by unticking the bits you don't want in the scene hierarchy box that appears and press the 'Save' button. That's all there is to it. Note: this is not a way to create complete files that can be distributed with all the images, morphs and data built into the file. Regards, Richard.

" This is not a way to create complete files that can be distributed with all the images, morphs, and data built into the file." That is exactly what I need, but seems that is not possible. When I made a personalized character, I put lots of different morphs, and all accessories (clothes, hairstyle, skins, etc). so, would be very practical if I can package all that things in one single folder and use them on other computers that don't have all my personal library. For example when you work in a team, the other people, for use your character must have the exact same library that you have in order to be able to use that specific character.  but again, seems that is not possible. Hope the people of Daz can fix this for the future. Thanks to both of you for the help, anyway.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

You cannot share your content with anyone, that is probably one of the reasons why saving a complete scene with all the assets has not been made possible.

For your personal use on your own computers, you can put your content library on a shared drive that all the computers have access to.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

travis1977b_66906f0167 said:

Hi!

I want to know if is possible to save a full character (with morphs, clothes and hair, and other elements, like bags, shoes, etc) like a single character in order to use on other computers without the need to copy the original full library (1 tb is mine) to have all the elements together for that particular character.

I have tried file/save as/Support Asset/Figure/prop assets   but don't work, since is just the nude figure (with the morphs included but not the clothes and other accessories)

Of course, File/save as/Scene saves the character with the elements, but when trying to open it on another computer, cannot find all the accessories since they are scattered all over my original 1TB library.

I have tried other variations but until now cannot find a way to have all the elements open on another computer.

So, is in any way possible to have a "closed" package/folder of some kind with ALL the elements that compound the character in one place in order to make that character passible for easy and light use on another computer?

Hope my question is clear and sorry for my bad English.

I highly doubt it since not requiring the other computer to have Daz Studio with all the requred packages would make it way to easy to post complete figures to other places, like file sharing forums and to other users..

• Yes, sounds like they try to avoid the sharing situation. But on the other hand, looks impractical. I mean, when you export a full magazine in InDesign, for example, you export the full magazine with all the images, text, and FONTS. If anyone else uses the original fonts without paying the author, that person is making something illegal. Also, let be honest,  this complex system of libraries and lacks of flexibility for exportation hasn't avoided the illegal use of the Daz content, so don't look like a solution. But I understand that maybe an export package tool can make increase the illegal traffic of products.

• And thank you so much for taking the time to answer the post. to all of you.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited July 2022

Content gatherer is meant to collect all files used by a scene so you can move them to another computer: https://www.daz3d.com/content-gatherer

IIRC it doesn't work if your content was installed by Connect (directly in DS) though. And be aware that the vendor passed away years ago so support is limited.

(you're not allowed to distribute the resulting archive obviously, unless it contains only content you created yourself  from scratch)

Post edited by Leana on
  • Thank you a lot, Leana. This, even if is old (and sorry to hear that his developer has passed away).can be helpful. Weird to me how nobody has done a new version of this concept.