Exporting clothing as OBJ without the figure - help needed

I'm trying to import a clothing object into Daz, use transfer utility to match it to a Daz figure, set a specific pose, export just the clothing as an OBJ, reimport then OBJ, then save it as a Duf, to import into another system.
It almost works.

I've tried selecting everything but the clothing item, setting everything else to Not Visible, and then exporting as an OBJ, with the "Ignore Invisible Nodes" checked - but when I load the OBJ back up, it has a figure wearing the clothing. Everything I've read says it should just be exporting the visible item, but its including the invisible figure for some reason.

So I need to either figure out what I'm doing wrong in trying to just export the clothes, or alternatively, find a way to save a Duf of just a clothing item (posed) without the character.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• There is an option to include only the selected items in the OBJ exporter now, try that.

• dmantledmantle Posts: 0

OK, I solved it. I was just doing something really dumb. The "Ignore Invisible Nodes" option was working. Problem was, when I reimported the OBJ to convert it back to a Duf, I didn't open a clean new document - so the original avatar was still loaded and invsible - that's why it was picking it up in the duf when I saved it.