Issues with merging a re-done character

CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143

Hello,

I don't know how to explain this, so I'll point form it.

• I used an old character I mucked about with to adapt into a new character using just the sliders. The whole face was reshaped, as were the attachments (rescaled wings, new tail) and skins. I kept the old character's body shape and XYZ scales.
  • I put the new character into 'zero pose'.
  • I saved this new character to a new scene file. I also saved it as a scene subset.
  • I also renamed the character (instead of Genesis 8.1 Female as an attempt to prevent this issue).
  • The new character loads fine as a separate scene.
  • When I try to merge the new character into a new scene, it loads as the old character, with the old character's pose, Y rotation, face shapes, and accessory sizes.
  • It has done this on many occassions.

So basically, WHY IS IT DOING THAT??!?

Thank you!

Post edited by Cyrinadia on

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

Does the scene you're editing already have another instance of this character?

Basically... you need to use a "scene subset" for this. Set up your character, save that as a subset and then you should be able to add that to a new scene.

Also: how did you zero the character?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,448

Did you memorize the figure before saving?

• CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143

I made the character a while ago, I don't remember if I saved as something I shouldn't or not. I usually zero by going to the edit-figure-zero figure pose menu. I ended up loading the new character save file, since it isn't merging so it doesn't reset to the original, saving as presets for everything on it; hair skins, shape etc, then making a new scene entirely, loading a new genesis 8.1 fig and applying the presets to it, resaving the file as a new save entirely. Seems to have worked. I just wish I knew what stupid thing I did to make it so the old file would wipe everything on a merge.