[Released] Bone Minion for Genesis Poses [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Introducing the revolutionary new way to use poses from different figure generations! Stop wasting time and hard drive space converting pose presets, just use them! With Bone Minion, you can directly use Genesis poses for other generations without first converting and saving them to a preset. Your Bone Minion will do the hard work for you by acting as a bone "catcher" for a Genesis pose and then transferring (and converting if necessary) the pose to its parent target figure*. Simply load the desired Bone Minion (i.e., Genesis Bone Minion for Genesis poses) on your target figure (Genesis 8.1 Male), select the Bone Minion, and start applying poses!

• On-the-fly conversion of poses to your Target Figure
  • Directly convert from the Source generation to the Target generation without converting to intermediate generations (i.e., direct conversion from Genesis to G8F instead of Genesis to G2 to G3 to G8)
  • Works with full poses, partial poses**, hierarchical poses***, and even Aniblocks
  • Automatically applies full poses when they are loaded**
  • Cross-gender pose conversion
  • Use Pose Details on the Bone Minion to apply partial poses

Note that converted poses (and especially props if they are hierarchical poses) may not be perfect and may require tweaking. Facial Bones (i.e., expressions) except for the eyes are not transferred.

* Requires purchase of the correct Bone Minion product.

** Any pose that sets the hip of the Bone Minion will be automatically converted on the fly and applied to the target figure. Only 1 bone minion can be in automatic mode per figure (the first installed on a character). The Apply Changes script can be used to transfer any pose (including partial poses) on the Bone Minion to its target figure.

*** Hierarchical poses require the props loaded on both the Bone Minion and the target figure. The prop will be properly rotated for the pose but may need to be manually translated to the correct location.

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 338K
popup_1.jpg
2661 x 1527 - 799K
popup_2.jpg
1300 x 1024 - 288K
popup_3.jpg
1589 x 1000 - 388K
popup_4.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 354K
popup_5.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 336K
popup_6.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 353K
popup_7.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 353K
popup_8.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 360K
popup_9.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 350K
popup_10.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 367K
popup_11.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 351K
popup_12.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 341K
popup_13.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 342K
popup_14.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 343K
popup_15.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 343K
popup_16.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 331K
popup_17.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 329K
popup_18.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 330K
popup_19.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 329K
popup_20.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 319K
popup_21.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 321K
popup_22.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 324K
popup_23.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 326K
popup_24.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 354K
popup_25.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 349K
popup_26.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 357K
popup_27.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 349K
popup_28.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 342K
popup_29.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 342K
popup_30.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 347K
popup_31.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 346K
popup_32.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 333K
popup_33.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 332K
popup_34.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 340K
popup_35.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 327K
popup_39.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 323K
popup_37.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 323K
popup_38.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 323K
popup_36.jpg
1480 x 1245 - 322K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

More Promos

popup_40.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 322K
    popup_41.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 318K
    popup_42.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 321K
    popup_43.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 322K
    popup_44.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 315K
    popup_45.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 315K
    popup_46.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 319K
    popup_48.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 320K
    popup_49.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 395K
    popup_50.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 408K
    popup_51.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 384K
    popup_52.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 389K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,523

Nice. I do not have so many poses for Genesis, so will wait with it.

V4 was a bit different - huge amount of available poses.

Artini said:

Thanks.  Well, I plan to do all generations.  smiley

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Once you've published all generations, would you consider bundling all "... for Genesis X",
    additionally to the current way, where you bundel all "Genesis X for ..."?

I hope that made sense.

I only ever use Genesis 8.1, so a bundle like that would make more sense to me.

And it is released!

cridgit said:

I've added M4 bone minion to a G8M figure but when I apply an M4 animation to the bone minion, it unparents itself from the G8M figure. If I try to re-parent it, G8M moves down (I'm assuming its taking the G8M hip/origin position and applying that to the G8M figure). Then when I click apply bone minion, G8M's head goes missing. It's not hidden, just not findable in the scene even when I zoom to selected object (I'm assuming there's a calculation error and the head teleports to some imaginary location).

Why would the minion unparent for G8M and why would G8M's head disappear?

I don't have these problems with V4 and G8F.

The unparenting behavior you are describing usually occurs if the Bone Minion script crashes during execution.  (I don't know why the G8M's head would ever go missing go)  Please post the Daz Log for when you do that action.

Hylas said:

Once you've published all generations, would you consider bundling all "... for Genesis X",
    additionally to the current way, where you bundel all "Genesis X for ..."?

I hope that made sense.

I only ever use Genesis 8.1, so a bundle like that would make more sense to me.

I understand what you mean. smiley  Daz does not allow creating bundles of already released products.  By that time, the massive Daz discounts will be happening on the older products so you can acquire them at bundle discounts anyway.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2022

Did I just pay 35 dollars for a bundle that only does Genesis poses? I already owned the M4...

I have hardly no Genesis poses.

The promo made is seem like Genesis 3 poses were included in the conversions. I only see M4 V4 and Genesis bone minons.

I paid 35 dollars for Genesis bone minion?

And I bought the previous M4 V4 bundle for about the same. 

Now that I know what I have actually bought, it does convert the Genesis poses very nicely to 8.1.

Post edited by RexRed on
  • melaniemelanie Posts: 763
    edited July 2022

If I use mostly G8 and G8.1 figures, how do I know which one of these Bone Minions I should buy? I don't use the other generations, but I have lots of poses from most of the previous generations. Do I buy the one for G8 and G8.1 or do I buy the one for M4 and V4? I'm a bit confused which one I should get. Or do I need to buy the bundle for all of the generations?

Post edited by melanie on

RexRed said:

Did I just pay 35 dollars for a bundle that only does Genesis poses? I already owned the M4...

I have hardly no Genesis poses.

The promo made is seem like Genesis 3 poses were included in the conversions. I only see M4 V4 and Genesis bone minons.

I paid 35 dollars for Genesis bone minion?

And I bought the previous M4 V4 bundle for about the same. 

Now that I know what I have actually bought, it does convert the Genesis poses very nicely to 8.1.

I am sorry you got that impression.  Which promo misled you?  You are certainly welcome to return it.  I don't want any unhappy customers. smiley

The Genesis Bone Minion came with Bone Minion for Genesis Poses products.  The M4/V4 Bone Minions came with the Bone Minion for Generation 4 poses products.

melanie said:

If I use mostly G8 and G8.1 figures, how do I know which one of these Bone Minions I should buy? I don't use the other generations, but I have lots of poses from most of the previous generations. Do I buy the one for G8 and G8.1 or do I buy the one for M4 and V4? I'm a bit confused which one I should get. Or do I need to buy the bundle for all of the generations?

If you ONLY use G8/G8.1, just buy the Bone Minion for XXX Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 products.  If you use Genesis 3 sometimes, you might want the bundle.

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

If you ONLY use G8/G8.1, just buy the Bone Minion for XXX Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 products.  If you use Genesis 3 sometimes, you might want the bundle.

Thank you! So I only need the one for G8 and 8.1, but I can use the poses from the earlier generations on them, right? That's what I'm hoping. If I don't use the earlier figures, I don't want to buy something for them, but I do want to use the poses from the earlier figures on G8 and 8.1. I hope this is what I'm understanding. 

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2022

melanie said:

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

Thank you! So I only need the one for G8 and 8.1, but I can use the poses from the earlier generations on them, right? That's what I'm hoping. If I don't use the earlier figures, I don't want to buy something for them, but I do want to use the poses from the earlier figures on G8 and 8.1. I hope this is what I'm understanding. 

With the latest bundle (if you buy the whole bundle) you can use poses from M4, V4 and Genesis on most of the other characters including Genesis 8 and 8.1.

But the Genesis 3 poses to 8 and 8.1 figures will be included in a later product.

And, for some of the odd characters. Stephanie (I think) and some of the others... the poses "may" work but sometimes it breaks Bone Minion

and you have to reimport your character and start again.

I will say though that the Genesis and M4, V4 poses work really great on 8 and 8.1 characters with Bone Minion!

(With only the slightest amount of retouching)

I will also mention that currently, many of the M4, V4 and some of the Genesis pose products are on sale currently in the Daz store for $1.99 each.

Grab the Bone Minion bundle and these poses while you can.

As for Genesis 3 poses, we will all have to wait for the Genesis 3 poses to Genesis 8 and 8.1 figures product to become available. 

Another helpful tip.

Riversoft's other product "Favoratings" allows you to gather Genesis poses into one category and M4 and V4 poses into another category for easier retrival with Bone Minion.

It will be nice when Genesis 3 poses can be stored as well into a thrid category.

Twice I was confused by this product but overall I am still pleased with its functions.

A bundle coupon for people who already own previous products would be nice in the future bundle.

The people who are loyal and buy the previous products have to buy the same ones two and three times to make use of the bundle deal.

The people who bought the previous products should get a deal on the bundle... IMHO  

Post edited by RexRed on

melanie said:

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

You don't need the bundles if you only use G8 and G8.1

• Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert M4/V4 poses to use on G8/8.1
    • Bone Minion for Genesis Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert Genesis poses to use on G8/8.1
    • Bone Minion for Genesis 2 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert, when released, Genesis 2 poses to use on G8/8.1
    • Bone Minion for Genesis 3 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert, when released, Genesis 3 poses to use on G8/8.1
    edited July 2022

RexRed said:

melanie said:

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

With the latest bundle (if you buy the whole bundle) you can use poses from M4, V4 and Genesis on most of the other characters including Genesis 8 and 8.1.

This is incorrect.  The Genesis Bone Minion will convert M4/V4 poses to G8 and G8.1, but as if they are Genesis poses so they are slightly off.

On the left (or top) is the V4 pose converted by the Generation 4 product.  On the right (or bottom) is the V4 Pose converted by the Genesis product.

But the Genesis 3 poses to 8 and 8.1 figures will be included in a later product.

This is correct.

And, for some of the odd characters. Stephanie (I think) and some of the others... the poses "may" work but sometimes it breaks Bone Minion

and you have to reimport your character and start again.

I will say though that the Genesis and M4, V4 poses work really great on 8 and 8.1 characters with Bone Minion!

(With only the slightest amount of retouching)

I will also mention that currently, many of the M4, V4 and some of the Genesis pose products are on sale currently in the Daz store for $1.99 each.

Grab the Bone Minion bundle and these poses while you can.

As for Genesis 3 poses, we will all have to wait for the Genesis 3 poses to Genesis 8 and 8.1 figures product to become available. 

Another helpful tip.

Riversoft's other product "Favoratings" allows you to gather Genesis poses into one category and M4 and V4 poses into another category for easier retrival with Bone Minion.

It will be nice when Genesis 3 poses can be stored as well into a thrid category.

Twice I was confused by this product but overall I am still pleased with its functions.

A bundle coupon for people who already own previous products would be nice in the future bundle.

The people who are loyal and buy the previous products have to buy the same ones two and three times to make use of the bundle deal.

The people who bought the previous products should get a deal on the bundle... IMHO  

V4 Pose Converted by V4 Bone Minion.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    V4 Pose Converted by G1 Bone Minion.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • rorsdorsrorsdors Posts: 47

RiverSoftArt said:

Artini said:

I look forward to the V3 and M3 version, I know these figures are largely forgotten but I have so much stuff includign poses that I'd love to see used.

Thanks for your work on such great and useful products.

rorsdors said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Artini said:

I look forward to the V3 and M3 version, I know these figures are largely forgotten but I have so much stuff includign poses that I'd love to see used.

Thanks for your work on such great and useful products.

Sorry, I do not even have V3/M3 figures, let alone poses.  I meant all generations from Generation 4 on.

RiverSoftArt said:

The unparenting behavior you are describing usually occurs if the Bone Minion script crashes during execution.  (I don't know why the G8M's head would ever go missing go)  Please post the Daz Log for when you do that action.

Haven't been able to reproduce yet; perhaps I messed something up in that one scene. I'll repost with log if it happens again, thank you. 

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

• Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert M4/V4 poses to use on G8/8.1
    • Bone Minion for Genesis Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert Genesis poses to use on G8/8.1
    • Bone Minion for Genesis 2 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert, when released, Genesis 2 poses to use on G8/8.1
    • Bone Minion for Genesis 3 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 will convert, when released, Genesis 3 poses to use on G8/8.1

Okay, thank you so much! I'll wait until the rest of them are released. This will be a great item to have. I have a lot of earlier poses that I would love to use without having to convet them and save them on my drives. This will be a great space saver. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

So I am a bit confused. I was trying to follow directions and load bone minion to use with Michael 4 poses.

I think part of the issue is that in the scripts folder there is only one bone minion and to find the m4 ones I must go into the product library. I kept going into scripts and clicking the one there. But this is wrong. I am not even sure which one that is It would be nice if they were in the same place.

After I used bone minion it seems to work on 2 or 3 poses for m4 and then just remain visible in the main default pose.

it seems to work initially. I only really use genesis 8.1 and 8 and want to use older poses like m4.

cridgit said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Haven't been able to reproduce yet; perhaps I messed something up in that one scene. I'll repost with log if it happens again, thank you. 

Ok.  I am glad it isn't often at least. :-)

melanie said:

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

RiverSoftArt said:

melanie said:

Okay, thank you so much! I'll wait until the rest of them are released. This will be a great item to have. I have a lot of earlier poses that I would love to use without having to convet them and save them on my drives. This will be a great space saver. 

You're welcome.

Serene Night said:

So I am a bit confused. I was trying to follow directions and load bone minion to use with Michael 4 poses.

I think part of the issue is that in the scripts folder there is only one bone minion and to find the m4 ones I must go into the product library. I kept going into scripts and clicking the one there. But this is wrong. I am not even sure which one that is It would be nice if they were in the same place.

After I used bone minion it seems to work on 2 or 3 poses for m4 and then just remain visible in the main default pose.

it seems to work initially. I only really use genesis 8.1 and 8 and want to use older poses like m4.

First off, to use M4 poses, you need to have bought the Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 (or the bundle).  Then you will have a Michael 4 Bone Minion and a Victoria 4 Bone Minion.  If you only have a Genesis Bone Minion, you bought the Bone Minion for Genesis Poses.

After a Bone Minion has been applied to your figure, you apply poses to it.  ***IF*** they change the hip, they will be transferred to your parent Genesis 8 figure.  IF they do not, you need to use the Apply Changes script.  With the Bone Minion showing, it is easy to see if the pose changed anything.  If the pose doesn't change the hip, the Bone minion will be left in that pose.  IF a pose did change the hip, the pose will be transferred and the Bone minion will be change back to the default T Pose.

If you are applying M4 poses to a Genesis Pose

• Not sure what I bought originally 'Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses Bundle SKU:86319 ' and now this has appeared 'Bone Minion for Genesis Poses Bundle SKU:86513 ' and you have to pay for it all over again?

What is the difference, the product page albeit the main picture is the same, I have not even got around to using it and now it is updated as a new bundle that I have to pay for all over again?

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Not sure what I bought originally 'Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses Bundle SKU:86319 ' and now this has appeared 'Bone Minion for Genesis Poses Bundle SKU:86513 ' and you have to pay for it all over again?

What is the difference, the product page albeit the main picture is the same, I have not even got around to using it and now it is updated as a new bundle that I have to pay for all over again?

They are 2 different products. 

1. Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses converts Michael 4 and Victoria 4 poses to other generations. 
    2. Bone Minion for Genesis Poses converts Genesis poses to other generations.

• rhye_7b205b2b74rhye_7b205b2b74 Posts: 73
    edited July 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Not sure what I bought originally 'Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses Bundle SKU:86319 ' and now this has appeared 'Bone Minion for Genesis Poses Bundle SKU:86513 ' and you have to pay for it all over again?

They are 2 different products. 

1. Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses converts Michael 4 and Victoria 4 poses to other generations. 
    2. Bone Minion for Genesis Poses converts Genesis poses to other generations.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I can see the difference!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

There is a v1.1 update coming soon:

• Added a Create Heavyweight Bone Minion script.  Bone Minions are designed to be fast and lightweight bone catchers for poses.  However, they do have a limitation that especially comes into play with later generations.  The standard Bone Minions only contain the bones and rigging of the figure types.  They do not include pose properties.  Thus, they cannot catch poses that do not change bones but only change pose properties, e.g., Right Hand Fist which moves all the bones of the right hand to make a fist.  To use these types of poses, you need to have a heavyweight Bone Minion which is essentially an invisible copy of the figure type.  The Create Heavyweight Bone Minion script can create and set up these heavyweight Bone Minions.
    • Added Automatic Pose Transfer property to the Bone Minions, which control if the pose transfer to the parent Target Figure automatically occurs when the Bone Minion's bones change
    • Fixed limitation that only one Bone Minion per figure was in automatic mode
    • Fixed Copying Transformations so it does not copy unchanged bones

It take literally one extract click for the user to Bake to Transforms which transfers all Pose Controls to bone rotations. That saves you a ton of effort and no need for a heavyweight bone minion.

cridgit said:

It take literally one extract click for the user to Bake to Transforms which transfers all Pose Controls to bone rotations. That saves you a ton of effort and no need for a heavyweight bone minion.

Agreed.  But while easy, I have found pose presets like that often, even from PAs.