A not so Sci-Fi ,Sci-Fi truck on sale now Commercial

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

I had Tonka trucks as a kid the kind you could toss out of a moving truck and the would be fine. And you could, before the growth spurt, even ride on them. So I wanted to make a sturdy no so futuristic, futuristic truck. Something that would fit into renders that would take place within our lifetime I guess. Well this is what I came up with. I hope it fits into one of the many worlds and situations your are all so famous for creating.

http://www.daz3d.com/sf100-utility-truck

MainPopT.jpg
1538 x 2000 - 713K
Post edited by AntMan on

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited June 2015

Your motivations in the description ring very true for me! Sexy sports vehicles are nice to look at, but I like futuristic renders to have a functional, 'lived in' style to them.

For that reason, this is a definite purchase for me! It almost looks like something you could transport dinosaurs in... Anybody making some 'Jurassic World' sets or velociraptors we can pose this with? :)

Out of interest, is it only the wheels which are articulated? Wondered if there are working doors or if those hinged hydraulic pistons are meant to do anything.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

No they just look like they should. I did articulate the wheels though and the front ones turn. I need to drill down on what folks are needing and well, buying. Then make the hell out of it with all the bells and whistles. I am narrowing my focus. The hope is I will corner the market on something or be the guy for the thing. I jump around because it's funner right now.

edited December 1969

The wheels look really nice. Futuristic, but recognisable. You could make a fleet of robotic construction vehicles (excavators/armoured bulldozers/cranes/etcetera) with this look. Maybe with some optional military colour schemes?

It actually reminds me a lot of the look the machine vehicles have from the 'Terminator' films.

You have some really memorable/useful stuff. 'Brick In the Wall', 'Ice Breaker' and 'Hollywords' were great ideas! Did you have any creature stuff in the works, like 'Voir Pas Mal' and 'Cryptozoic Worm'? Anything with that kind of Lovecraftian style is fantastic for anyone needing horror stuff.

edited December 1969

I do have a cybernetic arm coming soon and a desert water mining set. The future is dry and hot and water is in high demand. I like the truck idea though. Good one.

edited December 1969

I was recently trying to make a cybernetic arm with hiding/parenting parts of DZ Fire's Cyborg, but that sounds vastly preferable! Left and right arms?

The water mining previews had amazing detail. Was very impressed.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

No they just look like they should. I did articulate the wheels though and the front ones turn. I need to drill down on what folks are needing and well, buying. Then make the hell out of it with all the bells and whistles. I am narrowing my focus. The hope is I will corner the market on something or be the guy for the thing. I jump around because it's funner right now.
    Doors would be nice, it would allow shots of people getting in and out, etc. The lack of doors didn't slow me down, though, the truck's unique enough that it's worth it even as is. I got mine!
    -- Walt Sterdan
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

I do have a cybernetic arm coming soon and a desert water mining set. The future is dry and hot and water is in high demand. I like the truck idea though. Good one.
    All sound good, but I'd also like to see more robots, and Mech-gear type clothing, maybe an expansion to Mech Gear or even a nice texture set for it.
    -- Walt Sterdan
  • ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Yay! Cybernetic arms! Will these be left and right? And G2F as well as G2M?

--MW

edited December 1969

left and right for the G2 female with robotic no bending joints.

Pop.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

That looks great! Just what I've needed!

Ideal for the driver of that truck. :lol: