MD Blood 'n Dirt - Geoshell Manager Script [Commercial]

MikeDMikeD Posts: 288
edited August 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

[Released]

Welcome to the Blood ‘n Dirt - Geoshell script by MikeD! The original idea for this script was to function as a helper in the Blood n’ Dirt product series, in order to apply Blood ‘n Dirt shaders to any item other than Genesis Figures, like props and clothes, creating Geoshells with just a few clicks. It turned out to be a very strong and independent script, ideal for Geoshells’ management. In its final form you can use it not only to apply the default Blood ‘n Dirt shaders to any item in the scene, but also to add your own shaders or shortcuts of your purchased shaders in order to enrich your library. The product includes XXX masks (to hide parts of your geoshells) for your shaders, but you can also add new masks to your collection. The product also includes two additional scripts that allow you to create shortcuts (.djl files) in a really fast way, without the need to write any code on your own. The script allows you to add new geoshells on the selected items with a single click of a button, to set the offset of the existing or the new shells, to apply masks to your shaders, to delete geoshells, to resolve any offset conflicts, to distribute the existing geoshells equally and to add tiling for your maps using a right click pop-up menu, with just a single click needed for each of those actions. Of course, when creating new geoshells, these parameters can be set all at once, following the settings’ instructions.

The product can be used even without executing any script. The shaders, the masks and the tiling function also exist as standalone assets so you can use them on your products independently. The product includes a bonus “Oil Shader”.

Beware that the product uses general maps for any random item and therefore you may see breaks in the line of the UV seams. The product is ideal if you want to add blood and dirt layers on your props, items or clothes, but is not suitable for the Genesis figures and especially for close-up renders. In this case it is advisable to use the specialized products “Blood ‘n Dirt for Genesis 8 or 8.1 Male(s)” or/and “Blood ‘n Dirt for Genesis 8 or 8.1 Female(s)”. Of course, the script can manage the Geoshells that have been made with the above programs.

MDBD_GeoshellMgr_MainPromo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
MDBD_GeoshellMgr_Popup_01.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 969K
MDBD_GeoshellMgr_Popup_04.jpg
1052 x 832 - 472K
MDBD_GeoshellMgr_Popup_05.jpg
1052 x 832 - 459K
MDBD_GeoshellMgr_Popup_06.jpg
1052 x 832 - 521K
MDBD_GeoshellMgr_Popup_07.jpg
1052 x 832 - 351K
Post edited by MikeD on

Comments

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 165

I definitely would be interested in this. How long till release?

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 190

Blood'Dirt for Males and Females sounds interesting but I can not find it for 8.1 figures. Isn't it released yet?

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 288

Eggs Actly said:

I definitely would be interested in this. How long till release?

I just submitted to DAZ so I don't realy know ...

Laurita said:

Blood'Dirt for Males and Females sounds interesting but I can not find it for 8.1 figures. Isn't it released yet?

There is a Blood 'n Dirt for Males 8/8.1 and Females 8/8.1 in the same Bundle ... No ... It has not released yet...

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

I like the interface.  I have a few grungy type products, not all of them are easy to use or well-documented.  This looks like something I'd be more likely to use, as long as the options are useful.  Oh, and if it has an option for some kind of gradient, that would be even better.  Dirt doesn't usually apply evenly.

Oh, and while you're here and there's no thread for the other, how does the Classic Jeans Outfit for G8M fit on female characters?  I bought the outfit for G8F, and it's nice, but kind of like the other, too.

edited July 2022

Sevrin said:

I like the interface.  I have a few grungy type products, not all of them are easy to use or well-documented.  This looks like something I'd be more likely to use, as long as the options are useful.  Oh, and if it has an option for some kind of gradient, that would be even better.  Dirt doesn't usually apply evenly.

Oh, and while you're here and there's no thread for the other, how does the Classic Jeans Outfit for G8M fit on female characters?  I bought the outfit for G8F, and it's nice, but kind of like the other, too.

Unfortunatelly there is no grandient option....

For the Genesis Male Jeans to fit the Genesis 8 (or 8.1) just select the G8F on your scene and go to the content library path: (\People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothing\MikeD\Classic Jean Outfit).

Double click the item you want and the autofit dialog will pop up. Select Genesis 8 Male at the dialog,accept it and you have done... (check the attachment immage)

Jeans to female.png
    857 x 905 - 237K
    Post edited by MikeD on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

MikeD said:

Sevrin said:

Unfortunatelly there is no grandient option....

For the Genesis Male Jeans to fit the Genesis 8 (or 8.1) just select the G8F on your scene and go to the content library path: (\People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothing\MikeD\Classic Jean Outfit).

Double click the item you want and the autofit dialog will pop up. Select Genesis 8 Male at the dialog,accept it and you have done... (check the attachment immage)

Thanks.  However, my question wasn't how to fit it, but how it fits.

The product is live ... Enjoy ...