Having trouble installing GoZ to my Mac version of DAZ

Hello Everyone,

I have recently installed DAZ on my new Macbook. I am desperately trying to also install the GoZ
plugin into it. I am having so much trouble since I am relatively new to Mac. I do not see GoZ
in my list of installed plugins in DAZ. Looks like I am not installing it in the proper location, using the Install Manager program.

Please help. I am trying not to get too discouraged. I have done this for years on a PC, but
I am completely lost using Mac in this case.

Thank you for your help!

Eric

Comments

• So it is showing as installed in Install manager but not in Daz Studio? Are you sure it it the right version - 32 or 64 bit, Public Build or General Release? There can be only one, as the saying goes, so if you install the wrong one for your aplication the right one will be uninstalled.

• Hi Richard,

The main problem is that I do not know where GoZ is going when I install it. I don't know what directory or path to put GoZ into.
    I will check again to make sure it is the correct version, but then I still need to know how to tell Install Manager how and where
    I need GoZ to be installed. Please keep me posted. I appreciate your help!!!

Thanks,

Eric

• The Daz Studio end goes into the plug-ins folder in the application  folder, the rest goes into the ZBrush GoZ folder in your Public profile. The only way it could go wrong is using mixed instalaltion methods (e.g. stand-alone installer for the application and Install Manager or Daz Central for the plug-in) so the paths don't match or using the wrong version of the plug-in installer (e..g. Public Build of GoZ with the General Release of Daz Studio) so that the wrong applicastion folder was used.

• Richard, I really appreciate your help!!! I am still lost, however. I have been using Daz and Zbrush for over fifteen years but on a PC.
    Now that I have switched to a Macbook, I am not sure where all the folders and directories are. I feel like such a newbie. :o(
    Is it possible to just manually install the GoZ plugin, instead of using the Install Manager? Right now, you are the only one that has helped so far.
    This may help you to better understand what I am working with:

I am using DAZ Studio (Version 4.20.0.17 Pro Edition - 64-bit). Mac version.
    Downloaded the version of GoZ from the Daz site - product SKU 13173. Which is GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.20+ (Mac 64-bit).
    When I unzip that file, it is DS4_GoZ_1.13.0.17_Mac64. I trust this is the right one. 

If it is, can I just drag and drop this somewhere to have it installed? If so, what is the actual path to the directory?
    So confused. And I can't move on with my work until I get this resolved.
    I'd like to think I am a rather smart guy and tech-savvy, but this has been so frustrating, switching operating systems.

Please...I need your expertise! ;0) Please keep me posted. I can't find any answers to this on Google or YouTube.

Thanks,

Eric

• On Windows the application folder is protected, and equires permissions set to edit - as far as I know the mac is at least as strict. In any event, if you are instaling both Daz Studio and the GoZ plug-in through the same root things should be going in the right place, more certainly than with a manual install. Let me see if I can lure out some Mac experts.

• Okay! I appreciate that. Keep me posted.

Thanks, again!