Kinda giving up on purchasing

RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Lately I've been having trouble downloading purchased items. Hairs clothes, etc. It's irritating when in the download purchased products section, I find both a pdf and a zip file which amount to headaches and a waste of money when all that opens are jpegs-no templates and such.

Also, it's tiresome contacting the sales department for either a credit or refund due to this issue. So I probably won't be buying for a while until the problem is fixed. Even then I may refrain from purchasing.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287
    edited December 1969

Downloading Zips is known to be problematical with Internet explorer -if that is your default browser try another and see if that works better. Also note that the zips put everything in a folder named Content - you should merge the files and folder from within that with your content library, not place the Content folder in the content library.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

I have no such problems, on the other hand suddenly the mac files shows up, in spite of having selected PC only. And this makes downloading a hell, especially since I tend to shop seldom and a lot. Now, I cannot remember how to get that setting back. :-(

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can't select Mac or PC only yet. I hope it will come at some point too. The old forum used to do it, but there is no faciility here as far as i know.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Daz3D are moving over to zip only format, so one download will suit both platforms, which is the reason why at the moment there is not way of setting the PC only or Mac only downloads. In the hopefully not too distant future it will not be neccesary.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pam, I knew there was a reason, but i couldn't think what it was. I am sure we will all get used to ZIPs.

edited December 1969

The Internet Explorer issue should be fixed, so if you were using IE and getting bad zips please clear your cache and give it another try - and if it still fails, report it to DAZ.

• RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

The Internet Explorer issue should be fixed, so if you were using IE and getting bad zips please clear your cache and give it another try - and if it still fails, report it to DAZ.

Did as you suggested but the problem occured again-shows an error in the template jpeg.

edited December 1969

Is this the templates from a product page, or an item you have purchased and are downloading from your account? Which item(s) is this?

edited August 2012

Is this the templates from a product page, or an item you have purchased and are downloading from your account? Which item(s) is this?

From the download at my account.

This is the item in question.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lily-hair

Post edited by RPGMaker247 on
    edited December 1969

OK, I see they do have the templates in there - but you don't need those to use the product (though the zip scanned as healthy with 7Zip anyway). The Runtime folder seems to be present and the files loaded OK for me in DAZ Studio. Are you hitting problems unpacking the files, or making them available in Poser/DS, or when you actually load them?

edited August 2012

OK, I see they do have the templates in there - but you don't need those to use the product (though the zip scanned as healthy with 7Zip anyway). The Runtime folder seems to be present and the files loaded OK for me in DAZ Studio. Are you hitting problems unpacking the files, or making them available in Poser/DS, or when you actually load them?

It could be the zip program I'm using. Being morally bankrupt. . .I mean financially strapped. I use whatever I can get for free (Zip Genius 6).
    To answer your question- in unpacking. I tried it with 7 Zip but the files aren't present in any of the sections. Don't know what's going on now.

Post edited by RPGMaker247 on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Try to use IZarc (completely free, knows multiple formats and has opened all DAZ zips without a hassle for me).

Also, for purchased file downloads and history management I prefer Taozen's tools, available here.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Try to use IZarc (completely free, knows multiple formats and has opened all DAZ zips without a hassle for me).

Also, for purchased file downloads and history management I prefer Taozen's tools, available here.

Thanks. I have 7Zip presently for free (don't know how long that will be). And finally I have the item in the line up. But now am disappointed-hoped the front bangs were adjustable (shorter-longer) and the tails a bit thicker/more volume.

Oh well, such is life.

edited December 1969

7Zip is what I use - the problem is that the zips contain a Content folder, so you need to move the files out of that into your My Library folder (or whatever you call the content directory you wish to use).

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

I received a message from the team that builds the installers. It appears that a mistake was made on that installer. It will be updated for re-download in the next couple of days.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

An update to the problem with Lily Hair:

Lily Hair has been updated, it can be downloaded from your account.

• BabsDoProdBabsDoProd Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

WinRAR is what I use for unzipping things, short of actually using WinZip that is. I haven't had problems downloading from the store so much as having problems navigating sometimes and, more recently, having my entire Wishlist wiped out for some reason (although thankfully I had just made a copy list earlier that same day). I've just recently figured out the proper way to import Zip content myself, it's a lot easier than dragging and dropping each thing one at a time.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

You can't select Mac or PC only yet. I hope it will come at some point too. The old forum used to do it, but there is no faciility here as far as i know.

I'd really love to have that ability back, + the coloured markups of what you had selected or not. Now my download centre is a mess, and it has become almost impossible to keep track on what you have downloaded or not. It's almost like I'm considering buying each product at a time to make sure I download all the files I ought to have. And getting the Stephany bundle - forget it simply too many files.

On top of that no matter how many times I've selected Show 50 per page it still goes back to 10 next time I enter. Big time frustration!