Export G8.1M to SP

I am new to most of this stuff, so I deeply apologize in advance if this is something obvious.  Before anyone berates me, I have done my best with tutorials and what documentation I can find, so I'm now testing the friendliness of this community with my problem.

I am trying to export G8.1M over to Substance Painter.  I just took a raw, unedited 8.1M and deleted the eyelashes before exporting as an OBJ.  I unchecked the option to include the textures as I want to make my own.

When I open it into SP, the UV maps all appear to be there, with one specific oddity.  The eyelids look to be on top of the face UV.  If I paint just a straight line starting above his eye down to his cheek... the results are not very pleasant.

My question here is, what is the "proper" workflow to get a Daz model into SP?  Are there certain settings (in either program) to make things work better?

sp.png
1877 x 1396 - 2M

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,023
    You need to also delete the tear as you did with the eyelashes before exporting to substance painter. :)
  • imukaiimukai Posts: 5

Thank you both -- I did see the tear sitting there but thought that was literally just the tear duct area and every tutorial I've seen (to date) only talked about nuking the eye lashes.  I will try it without the tears now.

And the SP product I will definitely look at.  Any automation of potentially tedious processes is welcomed.

I'm still curious if there are any special options I need to be hitting on daz export or SP project setup but for now I'll play with it and see.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

The separate tear is new to G8.1.  The tutorials were probably for G8.