Iray Hair Issues? Some are Grainy and Some are Not.

Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
edited June 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

NEW QUESTION: (Wanted to keep similar subject in the same thread)
Is this an issue with Iray in regards to the transparency? One hair works fine but the other is just grainy no matter how long you render. The Longer hair worked fine, but the shorter hair not so well.

*See images below*

OLD QUESTION: (Resolved)
What benefits do you get from using Iray shaders vs default shaders that come with products. I have seen some hair shaders for Iray and am wondering if it is worth it to buy the product? Will is speed things up a bit, is there a big difference on quality, etc.

image2.png
623 x 699 - 348K
image1.png
623 x 699 - 352K
Post edited by Richard John S on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Any time you convert a surface to Iray from one of the other shaders you get some sort of speed up of render time. As to the hair set up's I don't have one yet but I do know that some hairs are going to function better with adjustments for Iray. Some have issues transmaps and so forth for example. Again, I don't have them but a hair shader system of some sort has the potential of improving your outcome.

• Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot Khory. I guess I'll pick those hair shaders up and give it a whirl. I just started playing with shaders only in the last month.

Khory said:
    Any time you convert a surface to Iray from one of the other shaders you get some sort of speed up of render time. As to the hair set up's I don't have one yet but I do know that some hairs are going to function better with adjustments for Iray. Some have issues transmaps and so forth for example. Again, I don't have them but a hair shader system of some sort has the potential of improving your outcome.