Studio Install Failure

When trying to install Studio from the manual install zipped file download I get the following error message:
"the installation of daz studio 4.20 (64 bit) has encountered an unrecverable error. Please do the following:
1) Uninstall
2) Contact supprt."

The machine is an Intel Core i5 Windows 10 laptop with 32gb ram and an RTX 3060

Support suggested trying to install Studio through Content Manager. I reported that also failed nine days ago and have not received a reply.

Any one have any other suggestions?

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633

If you're using windows there should be an exe installer in your Product Library. Can you not use that?

• sinbadsinbad Posts: 22
    edited July 2022

zombietaggerung said:

If you're using windows there should be an exe installer in your Product Library. Can you not use that?

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried the exe (DAZStudio_4.20.0.17_Win64.exe). It failed.

I then tried using DazCentral and it failed. Then using Install Manager and it also failed. I dont know what to try next.

Post edited by sinbad on
    edited July 2022

Here is the fail sequence:

So it says it failed but still finishes the install process and adds a shortcut that yields that last message when used.

I don't know why the images show in post preview but not when posted. Attached is a combined screen shot.

Dazfail.png
    831 x 1740 - 197K
    Post edited by sinbad on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633

Well, upon googling that error code all the information I see is that it pops up when [Error code 0x000007b is an issue caused by misconfigured system files in your Windows operating system. Running a 32-bit program on 64-bit Windows or vice-versa can cause this problem.] And I am no computer tech, so i can't help you out with that. Maybe there is some issue with your OS? I don't know, sorry. Hopefully someone else can give you some more information.

• What security software are you using? Are you runing any non-default system tools?

Richard Haseltine said:

What security software are you using? Are you runing any non-default system tools?

None. Completely stock system set up.

Windows Defender is turned off and no AVS is installed. 

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 130

Maybe the Visual C++ libraries couldn't be installed properly by the Daz installer.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

This contains all VC++ libraries for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11. Download the package, unzip it into an empty folder and run "install_all.bat" as administrator for setup. These are the official Microsoft files, no need to worry.

edited July 2022

stefan.hums said:

Maybe the Visual C++ libraries couldn't be installed properly by the Daz installer.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

This contains all VC++ libraries for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11. Download the package, unzip it into an empty folder and run "install_all.bat" as administrator for setup. These are the official Microsoft files, no need to worry.

The batch file seemed to install the libraries fine. Then when I try to install Studio from the exe it fails at the VC library install. See attached.
    It then completes the set up, creates the desktop icon, gives the location information and help dialog boxes. Then fails to launch with the same error as previously posted.

Updated to add: Installed vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64 by itself as admin. Rebooted and tried installing Studio. Same fail as above.

VCfail.png
    860 x 522 - 59K
    Post edited by sinbad on

That's weird. Is Windows itself up to date? Also a freshly installed system need various updates. So I first would run Windows Update to see if at least Microsoft thinks that everything is fine.

By this chance you might also disable driver updates by Windows Update. Use drivers straight from the hardware manufacturers, that stuff Windows installs for you is almost always outdated and partly years old, will cause only trouble.

Then you should try (after uninstalling the failed Daz Studio installation and manually deleting possible remnants of C\Program Files\Daz 3D\DazStudio4\): Run the Studio .exe installer but choose the user defined setup - during that, you also can choose different locations for the default content library and the PostgreSQL database later if you want. Change the installation path for DS to something else than the default C:\Program Files\blabla. Program Files is protected by the Windows UAC, choose a folder outside there, for example straight to C:\Daz3d\. This prevents problems with the Windows user account protection.

stefan.hums said:

That's weird. Is Windows itself up to date? Also a freshly installed system need various updates. So I first would run Windows Update to see if at least Microsoft thinks that everything is fine.

By this chance you might also disable driver updates by Windows Update. Use drivers straight from the hardware manufacturers, that stuff Windows installs for you is almost always outdated and partly years old, will cause only trouble.

Then you should try (after uninstalling the failed Daz Studio installation and manually deleting possible remnants of C\Program Files\Daz 3D\DazStudio4\): Run the Studio .exe installer but choose the user defined setup - during that, you also can choose different locations for the default content library and the PostgreSQL database later if you want. Change the installation path for DS to something else than the default C:\Program Files\blabla. Program Files is protected by the Windows UAC, choose a folder outside there, for example straight to C:\Daz3d\. This prevents problems with the Windows user account protection.

I appreciate the help with this.

Windows is up to date. Nvidia Studio drivers are up to date. Only pending install is the Windows 11 push that I opted out of now.
    Changing the install path made no difference. Uninstalling/reinstalling VC++ libraries made no difference. 

Have you tried to reinstall the VC++ libraries after installing Daz Studio? Only a suspicion, but maybe the DS installer has messed up the already installed VC++ libraries? At least it is pretty strange that the DS installer fails with the VC++ libraries. Uninstalling VC++ libraries before reinstalling is not necessary, a reinstall will repair a broken installation automatically.

If this also doesn't help, I have to admit that I run out of ideas.

Last chance may be the Windows event viewer, if there are any additional details why the DS application isn't able to start.

stefan.hums said:

Have you tried to reinstall the VC++ libraries after installing Daz Studio? Only a suspicion, but maybe the DS installer has messed up the already installed VC++ libraries? At least it is pretty strange that the DS installer fails with the VC++ libraries. Uninstalling VC++ libraries before reinstalling is not necessary, a reinstall will repair a broken installation automatically.

If this also doesn't help, I have to admit that I run out of ideas.

Last chance may be the Windows event viewer, if there are any additional details why the DS application isn't able to start.

Still no luck after repairing/reinstalling VC++ after Studio install. Same failure when trying to launch Studio.

Did not see anything Daz related in the Windows Event Viewer.