Scenes loading into Dome and Scene automatically?

Hey all, 

Not sure if this is something unique to me or not, but when I'm loading up some scenes that use Sun-Sky Only as the Environment Mode, it's automatically loading them to Dome and Scene instead. 

This is problematic because I tend to use Render Queue to help get through lots of long renders. So if this doesn't work properly then Render Queue isn't going to be any sort of useful for me. 

Please let me know if there's some way around this problem? 

Thanks

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Dome and Scene, as long as there is nothing loaded as an environment map, is functionally the same as Sun/Sky, excect that DS lights are enabled, which they are not in Sun/Sky.  If there's an HDRI loaded, then set it to None and save your scene.

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 130

Sevrin said:

If there's an HDRI loaded, then set it to None and save your scene.

And this doesn't work because Daz Studio doesn't save the (then empty) Enviroment Map property with the scene file. Loading the scene again after a restart of DS, DS puts in its default HDR map (Iray render settings default) because it doesn't know that you do not want a map there and the map property in scene file is missing.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

I have seen a similar discussion.

The suggestion was to load a small black image as environment map.

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

Great, thank you! I figured there had to be an easy fix. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,153
    edited July 2022

That "small black image" suggestion does not work at all for me. When you use Dome and Scene without an Environment Map, you essentially get Sun-Sky lighting with your additional scene lights. If I add a small black JPG file in the Environment Map, I essentially get Scene Only lighting. There is no Sun-Sky light.

By the way, I submitted a help request about this problem a year and a half ago (January 2021).

Request #363185
    Environment map is reloaded in Env Options even though I saved the scene without it

Dome and Scene no Environment Map.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 271K
    Dome and Scene Black JPG Environment Map.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 52K
    Scene Only.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 52K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166

if you are using Sun Sky then select sun sky only on the drop down and save. the only set back is that it will not use camera light or scene lights. but will still use mesh lights. but it will not revert back to the default dome scene.