Maybe some frontier era stuff?

arrjeearrjee Posts: 41
edited July 2022 in Product Suggestions

I noticed a general lack of clothing from [the frontier] that era when I tried to find a buckskin duster.  Kinda like the clothing associated with Kit Carson (who just happens to be wearing the sort of duster I'm thinking of in this picture: https://www.historycolorado.org/story/collections-library/2016/10/06/man-buckskin-duster ) Calamity Jane, Bill Hickok, and Davy Crockett.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

Everything I've seen has a cloth Clint Eastwoon/Spaghetti Western look to it. Are you interested in retexturing?

• arrjeearrjee Posts: 41

Retexturing sounds good.  Although, I'm new enough I'm not entirely sure what that involves.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

Find another garment that has a native american texture you like. I have several that are V3/V4 vintage, but I'm sure there are newer ones. Try Pamawo & Renapd at rendo. 

Find the textures for the garment. Use photoshop or GIMP to cut/paste the jpg to create a texture that fills an entire square. Do this for all the texture pieces and assemble them into a generic texture. Apply that to the Duster.

Some of the parts may look strange, for instance, parts like the sleeves may be at an odd angle and will have to be adjusted.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Several persons in DeviantArt/Patreon are converting game assets to DS for fan art. RDR2 is wild west themed.

• arrjeearrjee Posts: 41

Thank you