Using transfer utility on a morphed and scaled figure results in many deformations.

I have succeeded in the past fitting clothing to a base G8 dev load character, but I'd really prefer to design clothing around one of my existing characters so I know exactly how it will look with all the morphs applied. The character I am using has a few FBMs, as well as being scaled.

Using the transfer utility on this morphed and scaled character is really making a mess, especially in the crotch. My expectation was that if I selected "Current" in the transfer utility source, It would look identical to the unrigged clothing item (at least prior to moving joints and revealing weighting issues). With Reverse Source Shape from target selected, I get the distortion around the crotch. With Reverse Source not selected, It offsets the clothing, and the clothing rig appears to be an unscaled G8 rig.

I also tried to create a single morph that combined all the morphs I was using into a single morph, and then used the "Morph" option, with my single morph selecte, in the transfer utility with and without Reverse Source from Target without luck, It does appear that the morph I made doesn't scale the rig, so the morph looks right when the rig is zeroed, but since the rig is now larger than the morphed character, none of the joints line up.

Do I continue with the single morph method? If so, how to I get the rig transfered from the source multi morph character into my single morph character?

Should I scale up the character to 100% to at least get that out of the equation? It should be easy to scale the clothing item in blender prior to import.

I'm just not sure where to go... or if this is even possible.

Comments

• Avoid having transforms, like scaling via the Scale sliders, in effect.

• SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 33

Richard Haseltine said:

Avoid having transforms, like scaling via the Scale sliders, in effect.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot to have everything at 100% and see what happens.