MK205 Plus

The new MK205 model by Mely3D is an impressive piece of work. But it needn't be just a war machine. What if, instead of those guns on its arms, it had tools -- mechanical grabs, palette lifters, drills, cutting torches, whatever? Even one of those options would open up all kinds of possibilities. Think something like the power loader from "Aliens", if you remember that.

For a working vehicle, of course, Future OSHA is going to demand a proper protective cage for the operator, so that could be another useful add-on in an "MK205 Plus" product. To be quite honest, that lack of protection is a little worrying in what is apparently a war machine. But standards do slip during wartime, whereas for the civilian version you can be sure that the health-and-safety people will be out there writing tickets if it doesn't come up to code.

Anyway, please can we have an extension kit for MK205 that provides a roll cage for the operator and some more peaceful (but still terrifying) tools to replace the guns at the end of its arms?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Funny, that was the thought I had too when I saw it.

I would feel like a sitting duck if in war, even if it might have heavy weapons.

And I would have preferred that these cables were a little better protected, and not hanging in the free.

And yes, some tools that might find use in a non-war environment. I was e.g. thinking in a rescue mission, where you could move heavy elements.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737

These are lifters/loaders or "Big Boys" exoskeletons that have been converted for combat with very little thought to gunfire exposure. Other words 'Cannon fodder"

Remember "Edge of Tomorrow" and Riply scene in Aliens series.

You can easily swap MK210 arms and you are good to go.

https://www.daz3d.com/mk210