Let Your Hair Down (Buns and Loose Hairs, Paired?)

Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
edited July 2022 in Product Suggestions

Evening, all. The heat's keeping me awake, along with a question that's been stuck in my head.

I've got a character that is currently sporting zoro_d's French Twist Hair (a freebie hair). Fun, good product, but I've been wondering what to pair it with should the character be in a spot where her hair is not up in a bun. I'm not all that great at judging hairs (having very few of my own, lol!) but it looks like it would be something shoulder-length-ish? I plan on perusing the store myself, but if something comes to mind that would match this hair in "let down" form, I'd be grateful for any ideas!

(That, in turn, got me thinking about what other hair combos work great for when you want to pin the hair up for some shots and to have it loose for others... so probably no sleep tonight!)

Anyway, here's that French Twist Hair:

LVH1.PNG
941 x 903 - 1M
LVH3.PNG
1194 x 1087 - 3M
LVH2.PNG
1153 x 1087 - 2M
Post edited by Blando Calrissian on

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,701

I used this one: https://www.daz3d.com/annabelle-hair-for-genesis-8-female-s when I wanted a match for that hair if it was down.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

adding a few locks of strandbased hair using the same texture maps is also an option

you can style that how you want

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited July 2022

These are great suggestions! Luckily I have both the Stylized Bob Hair and Annabelle Hair in my library. Here's a quick sample (they both look good!)

Hair.PNG
    2353 x 774 - 2M
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
  • Both look great. I feel like they both "sell" as the hair down version of your character.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

My younger sister was able to put her hair up like that, along with a Victoria style, but when her hair went down, it could be straight or like Linday's Classic Long Wavy Hair. Look at your long hair library and use shaders. Longer hair can be slightly curled, tightly curved, or dead straight. Depends on mood and one's willingness to fight with it and how much wind you have to deal with.

So ponytails might be an option for sports.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,925

Lot's of old hair models from an ancient V4 periode need an update. Great ideas at the time, but they look completley out dated today. 
    That would help a lot.