[Released] Bone Minion for Genesis 2 Poses [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362

Cybersox said:

Panzer Emerald said:

Honestly, I think if you were to do a G8/8.1 to X, it would sell reasonably well. The older figures do have their uses still, with some having character types (especially monsters and creatures) that haven't yet been redone for G8, but the pose selection is a lot better wrt G8: far less "broken spine and butt sexy time" poses for the females and boring standing ones for the males... it was a, uh, different time up until G8 dropped and Daz became more mainstream/used by professionals and they had to expand beyond softcore stuff if they wanted to survive (and frankly, it's doing far better for them than Rendo is with Poser these days, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish). 

But yeah, I really hope you'll consider doing at least G8 to X in the future! You've got my guaranteed dollars if you do.

That's how I feel, as each generation has had strengths and weaknesses that keep me using them for various reasons, and I know there are a lot of others who do the same.  Personally, I think they could have stopped at Genesis 3 and I'd have been pretty happy, both because there are some fantastic shapes that the 8s never duplicated, but also because while the G8s supposedly have more range of expression, the 8s are also far more likely to dip into the uncanny valley due to the fact that real faces don't have bones in them.

As for Poser and Rendo... let's face it, after years of neglect and mismanagement by SmithMicro, Poser was rather damaged merchandise before Rendo picked it up.  Although I'm still not using it very often, I've been rather impressed at what they've been able to do with it thus far, and while the La Femme/Homme figures definitely still come in second to the Genesis 3 and 8s, they're a huge improvement over things like the abominable Rex and Roxy.              

Panzer Emerald and Cybersox: Thank you both for the input!  I am definitely going to provide a Bone Minion G8.  I would rather set my expectations low (and hopefully be pleasantly surprised) than high (and be disappointed) smiley.  If all goes well, you should see it within a month.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

HI: I'm probably in the wrong place, but I just bought the Bone Minion for Genesis 3 Poses Bundle. I can't get the items into the Script Menu at the top of DAZ Studio's Main Menu. Is there a way? I previously bought just the Bone Minion Generation 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1. I got those items into the Script Menu by Gong to Workspace––>Customize––>Actions (under Custom Actions) I'd find them in the list, and, in a second column, I'd open up Menus––>Main Menu Bar––&Scripts. Then, I would drag the icons for the Scripts from Custom Actions across to the &Scripts column.

But, in this case, the items for the Bone Minion for Genesis 3 Poses Bundle, do not show up under Custom Actions. Is there another way I can get them into the Scripts Menu?

I'm on a Macintosh Pro, by the way, Intel Cards, running Monterey 12.5.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362

inquire said:

HI: I'm probably in the wrong place, but I just bought the Bone Minion for Genesis 3 Poses Bundle. I can't get the items into the Script Menu at the top of DAZ Studio's Main Menu. Is there a way? I previously bought just the Bone Minion Generation 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1. I got those items into the Script Menu by Gong to Workspace––>Customize––>Actions (under Custom Actions) I'd find them in the list, and, in a second column, I'd open up Menus––>Main Menu Bar––&Scripts. Then, I would drag the icons for the Scripts from Custom Actions across to the &Scripts column.

But, in this case, the items for the Bone Minion for Genesis 3 Poses Bundle, do not show up under Custom Actions. Is there another way I can get them into the Scripts Menu?

I'm on a Macintosh Pro, by the way, Intel Cards, running Monterey 12.5.

You can right-click on the Bone Minion and select "Create Custom Action..."  Set the Root Menu to Scripts (and optionally the submenu).

There is a Bone Minion Install Custom Actions script to install the bone minion scripts, but not the bone minions themselves, into the action menu.   

OK. That worked –– the "Create Custom Action." Thank you.

Is there a Forum for Bone Minion for Genesis 3?

• I've been interested in this line for a while and picked up the G2>G3 on a recent sale to finally try it out. Yes, it really is as simple as advertised! I will be getting more of these. Thanks!

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I've been interested in this line for a while and picked up the G2>G3 on a recent sale to finally try it out. Yes, it really is as simple as advertised! I will be getting more of these. Thanks!

You're welcome!  I am glad you like it.

I downloaded updates for many of the Bone Minion products. I've placed the scripts, or links to the scripts, in my Scripts Menu at the top of DAZ Studio.

Do I have to replace those scripts with scripts from Content Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Bone Minion in order for the updates to take effect when I use the scripts from the Scripts Menu at the top of DAZ Studio? Or, have the updates already been applied to the scripts in the Scripts Menu?

• inquire said:

I downloaded updates for many of the Bone Minion products. I've placed the scripts, or links to the scripts, in my Scripts Menu at the top of DAZ Studio.

Do I have to replace those scripts with scripts from Content Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Bone Minion in order for the updates to take effect when I use the scripts from the Scripts Menu at the top of DAZ Studio? Or, have the updates already been applied to the scripts in the Scripts Menu?

The updates should already apply to the scripts menu actions.  You will need to restart Daz Studio if you have run them though (DS seems to cache something when it runs an action from the menu).

• RiverSoftArt said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I've been interested in this line for a while and picked up the G2>G3 on a recent sale to finally try it out. Yes, it really is as simple as advertised! I will be getting more of these. Thanks!

I like it well enough that I have since picked up the G2>G8/8.1, G3>G8/8.1, & G8/8.1>G3 Bone Minions. There are others in my wishlist, too.

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I like it well enough that I have since picked up the G2>G8/8.1, G3>G8/8.1, & G8/8.1>G3 Bone Minions. There are others in my wishlist, too.

Thank you for the support!