Peacock Harpy Character- Finished!

LoreMistress IzariaLoreMistress Izaria Posts: 145
edited July 2022 in Art Studio

Hello!

I've been working on reskinning some pieces to put together a Peacock Harpy character. She is starting to come along beautifully, so I wanted to share and get some feedback.

Products used so far:
Erre
KamilyAnn (gives a nice claw type pattern on the hands)
Oso Otter (the fur transfers weird to G8F- but makes it perfect for a feathered look IMHO after some tweaking.)
Yolande Hair
Feather Hawk Hair (I did some work on the feather vanes to even them out since they render jaggedly. Not perfect, but less noticeable now.)
Midnight Bird (I used the textures from the Feather Hawk Hair to reskin the tail to match)
Harpy for G8F

I painted the face mask myself. I'm not sure if I will be putting a beak on her face (aka hiding all but the beak on a bird, lol). I originally tried to transfer or modify the morph for Modern Duckie, but I didn't like the results.

My next step is to use the feathers from Feather Hawk Hair to reskin Avija Wings and Tail to match. This will give me an erect feathers option for the tail, too.

What do you think? Constructive criticism is always welcome!

WIP Peacock Front.png
2400 x 3000 - 4M
Post edited by LoreMistress Izaria on

Comments

• Here are the side and back views.

WIP Peacock Side.png
    2400 x 3000 - 4M
    WIP Peacock Back.png
    2400 x 3000 - 5M
  • LoreMistress IzariaLoreMistress Izaria Posts: 145
    edited July 2022

Finished the Tail. Looks more full in the lowered position when combined with the skirt.

WIP Tail Folded Back.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    WIP Tail and Skirt.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited July 2022

Here is the tail erect. I Might layer a few more instances of the tail and add more of the long tailfeathers for that layered look peacock have.

WIP Tail Up.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • You need to leave the attachments or the inline image will not display (except for you and anyonwe with a cached copy) - the Finished the tail post has lost its images (which can happen if you post a second time without refreshing the page)

• Richard Haseltine said:

You need to leave the attachments or the inline image will not display (except for you and anyonwe with a cached copy) - the Finished the tail post has lost its images (which can happen if you post a second time without refreshing the page)

Oops. Not sure how that happened. I think I fixed it now. Thanks.

edited July 2022

I think I am done with the mats for now.

Finished Front Clothed.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Finished Back.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited July 2022

I decided the face looked best with a beak. So I stole Pip's beak. I'll have to blend in Photoshop, but I feel it completes the face. The wings and tail are from Avija.

Finished Face.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited July 2022

I'll be doing a series of Aerial Dancer poses with this character. Here is the first:

Peacock Birdcage Dancer Cropped.jpg
    4000 x 4000 - 4M