Strange 'banding' across the middle of renders

Hi. I'm getting a strange 'banding' that's appearing across the middle of my renders like the attached, and I can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Does it happen on any other graphics app outside of Daz that you can test with? In other words, is this hard or software related?

• No, it doesn't happen with any other software. I've rendered in 3d Studio Max and Blender as recently as today. The last time I rendered in DS was about a week ago, and everything was fine.

Strange. I just loaded up the file from last week, and it doesn't appear to be happening. I tried deleting the contents of that file, and merging the contents of the current file I've been working on, and I still got the banding.

It's the camera. Or, more specifically, the position of the camera. Or even more specifically, I think it has something to do with the horizon line…or something. I'm just not sure what. The reason it didn't happen (or rather, I couldn't see it) in the render from a week ago is because the camera is angled down in that image. I've tried different hdr images, (including different types of hdr images,) and gone down and changed every parameter in the Environment settings. Nothing changes it.

• What GPU and driver are you using? There have been other reportrs of this and it does seem to be affecting specific combinations.

• MtnMistMtnMist Posts: 10
    edited July 2022

Following this.  I'm having the exact same issue, but it's only when using hdri, using sun and sky only seems fine.  Daz 4.16.0.3, Nvidia RTX 3090, latest Nvidia drivers.  Wondering if it's the drivers since it started the same day I updated them.

Post edited by MtnMist on
  • MtnMist said:

Following this.  I'm having the exact same issue, but it's only when using hdri, using sun and sky only seems fine.  Daz 4.16.0.3, Nvidia RTX 3090, latest Nvidia drivers.  Wondering if it's the drivers since it started the same day I updated them.

I think everyone else reproting this has been suign a 3090, so it may be a combination of driver and hardware.

• Stick to the studio drivers if you're going to be using those cards for rendering. Game drivers are not necessary unless you play games that require up-to-date drivers to funtion properly in those specific games.