SOLVED: CMS Error Installing Studio

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Hi, I was attempting to install 4.20 manually (replacing 4.15), but I got an error message saying "Error copying file from packed archive C:/Users/name/DAZStudio_4.20etcWin64.exe to C:Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/cms/DAZPostgresqlCMS_9.3.4.exe

If I click the Ignore button, the install almost finishes, but it hangs on the CMS at the end. Any ideas?

Post edited by xyer0 on

Comments

• Do you have an existing install, by another method, of PostgreSQL?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    edited July 2022

Yes, on my content drive. I uninstalled it with DIM. No error so far. That did it! Thanks, Richard!

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348

I have the same issue. Been battling this for 3 hours now without any luck. Disabled Antivirus, did not work. ZIP still has the same error as above, then when I choose ignore, it hangs at the end and never finishes. Tried removing the file as mentioned above, did not help. Tried installing DAZ Studio using DIM, no luck. When running, it says it's not working (the PostgreSQL thingy). When saving creating data files using Save Assets, it crashes DAZ Studio. My other PC (same DS version) DS 4.21.0.5, has no such menu to begin with (no saving assets menu, it's gone). SO, I cannot create any content for DAZ right now, and this error is just beyond annoying... What's going on?

@Dreamlight I had this problem again this year, but it was only because the PostgreSQL had been installed on one of my drives by DIM after I had formatted it. Once I found it and uninstalled it, I had to restart DIM to get it to behave. It's tricky. Thanks for all your great help and products over the years!

Ok, what worked was to uninstall the PostgreSQL using DM, then reinstall DAZ using DM. I had previously installed DAZ using a ZIP file. This should really happen automatically though... That is, the ZIP should auto-remove old stuff...  Thanks Richard for sending me in the right direction, I would have never solved this without your input!

edited March 2023

Hey, sorry about your trouble! Yeah, weird thing though, it should auto-install / uninstall. But glad there is a away to fix it! :) Thanks for your kind words! ;)

xyer0 said:

@Dreamlight I had this problem again this year, but it was only because the PostgreSQL had been installed on one of my drives by DIM after I had formatted it. Once I found it and uninstalled it, I had to restart DIM to get it to behave. It's tricky. Thanks for all your great help and products over the years!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Dreamlight said:

Ok, what worked was to uninstall the PostgreSQL using DM, then reinstall DAZ using DM. I had previously installed DAZ using a ZIP file. This should really happen automatically though... That is, the ZIP should auto-remove old stuff...  Thanks Richard for sending me in the right direction, I would have never solved this without your input!

That is of coruse the risk with manual installation, if that is what you mean by installing using a zip. It is a good diea to use the same install method throughout.

Richard Haseltine said:

Dreamlight said:

That is of coruse the risk with manual installation, if that is what you mean by installing using a zip. It is a good diea to use the same install method throughout.

I've always installed Studio manually on my C drive and used DIM to install content on my external drive.