DIM Doesn't Show Installed Items

My DIM doesn't see the installed products on the external hard drive that I pointed it to in the Installation / Advanced Settings. How do I get it to scan and recognise the files?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

Are the Products showing in Ready to Download, Ready To Install, or Installed?

The installation path is where the assets will go physically, but the Manifest Archive is where the record of them being installed will go. If the Manifest Archive is not found, Products would appear in Ready to Install (if you still have the zips) or Ready to Download (if you deleted the zips).

If it can find the Manifest Archive, but the original install path is different than the current (that's the absolute path, not the relative library path), the assets won't be found with "Show Installed Files".

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    edited July 2022

@NorthOf45 Thanks, all the products I own were showing in the Ready to Download (minus the Default load package). "Manifest Archive" is a new term to me. I'll check for "Show Installed Files," because I didn't see that.

I can't find "Show Installed Files." BTW, I have access to all my products in Daz Studio, it's just DIM that is not seeing clearly.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

Do you still have the zips? If so, set your Package Archive (Advanced Settings -> Download) to the appropriate folder. That should at least show products in Ready To Install.

The Manifest Archive setting is in Advanced Settings -> Installation. Set the path to where you have saved them before. That should get the Products into the Installed tab. Note that you can move the manifests if needed, but will take a little massaging to show installed files.

Show Installed Files is a right-click option on any Installed Product, but if you have none, it's kind of moot. Once you have straightened out your Manifest Archive, you should get something. If the popup is blank, the root path has changed from the original installation. The installation manifest records the absolute path, so that might need to be changed. More on that later, if needed.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

NorthOf45 said:

Do you still have the zips? If so, set your Package Archive (Advanced Settings -> Download) to the appropriate folder. That should at least show products in Ready To Install.

The Manifest Archive setting is in Advanced Settings -> Installation. Set the path to where you have saved them before. That should get the Products into the Installed tab. Note that you can move the manifests if needed, but will take a little massaging to show installed files.

Show Installed Files is a right-click option on any Installed Product, but if you have none, it's kind of moot. Once you have straightened out your Manifest Archive, you should get something. If the popup is blank, the root path has changed from the original installation. The installation manifest records the absolute path, so that might need to be changed. More on that later, if needed.

No zips; I discard them after download. However, after changing the Manifest Archive setting, I am seeing a change, but it's still not right. I'll continue to test until I get it right. Thanks for your help, @NorthOf45. If I'm unable to get it before I sleep, then I'll keep trying tomorrow.