My general product suggestions

As much I understand, that it is also about dreams, I'd like to see more content sesembling real world items, as most of us know them in real life.
I know, we like big hair on women, but I hardly know any women having hair like in hair dressers' posters.
Not every man or woman has a 6 pack belly.
Hardley anyone of us lives in a 10Mio $ villa near the pacific ocean 
and as much as I can see, that this web site is US based, its user base is international, so I would like to see more out side US- related places, appartments and props.

I'd just like to see more realism, please

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502

Agreed.

Nobody where I live has a swimming pool (not common even on houses worth £750k in this part of the UK), which is why I recently produced a little freebie of a paddling pool. Everyday stuff is missing, but lots of people seem to want it if it's available. What I am not sure is whether people are prepared to pay money for everyday stuff, or they just collect it when free.

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Agree to all... If one looks at the people, even females over here, nobody has hair that covers the head in a thick layer.

Lately I have found myself using game assets. The people don't have perfect skin, clothes are wrinkled and don't have that brand new look, places look realistic as in, there's dirt and the colour/textures of surfaces are not uniform nor do they look brand new either.

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342

I agree as well , more veriety would be nice it's not that you don't see the  "perfect" looking stuff (hair , clothing, homes , skin ect but there is the rest of real life that is missing like the  not so perfect . Where's  all the messy hair like  when u wake in the morning , the house that needs TLC , and rusty banged up autos ect..

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,207

Yes, and nobody dresses like DAZ people in normal life. Club wear with high heels is not particularly useful to me.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

There have been a few products, clothes, shaders, sets but they are few and far between. 

Even the West Coast of the USA is not represented very much in DAZ Land. Spanish Mission stucco & tile roofs, modest 3 bed/2 bath homes, with hallway laundry off the garage, if not in the garage; a kitchen that is U-shaped, or my dispised galley or a smaller take on the newer open bar style; a single living, dining, rec room combo area, with small living area.

My home in Framlingham England was a row house, very much like the one in DAZ's store. Can't remember off-hand if there is an interior to it, except the kitchen. 

In Glyfada, Greece, it was a flat, 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, weird kitchen, a large hallway dining room, living room, and a wrap around balcony and doors & windows to catch the breeze off the sea. No A/C, just wind, heating controlled by the landlord, turned on by his wife during the day, off when we were home. So I had propane heaters.

I know the request for more European homes that are not palaces has been frequent. And the differences you would expect as you move down from the north towards the south.

And while we get historic buildings, what about modern African, Asian, Middle Eastern, Australian, South Asian, Siberia, Alaskan styles? Again, not the palaces, but the average middle class to apartment life folks. Got close to that with the Afrofuteristic bundle recently, but no individual home interiors.

Cars, buses, trains, boats, bicycles, motorscooters... used in normal life.

Street food, small shops (not only Japanese), open markets from different cultures.

Normal peoples' clothing - totally agree. When I see photos of another country, I see a mix of not only their culture's clothing, but western clothing, sometimes with their own cultural take. I would like to represent that in my renders. And children's clothing - they are not mini-adults. They have a style appropriate to them and should not be stuck to the few options in the store. And not all kids/teens dress as Goths or punks. Think about how your own children look, or ones you see in stores or schools.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

I'm dying for US small town main street environment. Could be quaint with small antique shops, etc. like in a more affluent/touristy small town or run-down like forgotten midwest town.

• I'd like to add:

Low heeled pumps- the sort of smart shoes 'normal' people wear to work with 1-2" heels. There are some freebies but these are not high enough detail for closeups.

basic necklaces. Again everyday simple disigns. These are rare and usually bundled as parts of outfits

"normal" clothes as above. I often tend to use freebies from game replicas for distant shots, but these are too low detail for close up.

"normal" hair, as above. flatter and less styled that most, I am sure these could be made lower poly too. Again I often use freebies based on game characters

Imperfect characters (I have said this before) with asymmetry and flawed skin, also HD or normal/bump maps with cellulite, stretchmarks etc.

Detailed external surfaces (road, pavement, soil etc)- most exterior props are large and the detail of the grouns is poor, so it is very difficult to do close ups of for example people sitting on the ground. Maybe people doing large exterior sets could include a higher detail 3x3 metre section of the same ground for close ups

"normal" cars etc as above, with a texture option for everyday dirt (not offroad mud, just normal road dust, bugs and general grime). People, don't wash their car every day.

• CinnatwistCinnatwist Posts: 91
    edited July 2022

I am also dying for more realistic style props, scenes, and clothing sets -- especially for males. Clothing that might reflect blue-collar and tradesmen-type styles to balance out the excess of business suits and hoi polloi sweater vests and slacks. Pants that don't hug each and every god-forsaken curve like something out of Anime. T-shirts that don't look painted on, hanging naturally and comfortably. Clothes that look used and worn instead of directly off a Macy's mannequin or a Disney channel TV show. 

Basic, if not borderline rundown dwellings would be fantastic. (Not more apocalyptic or end-of-the-world). Places that look lived in and used, basic furniture and fixtures. Basic apartments and small houses, something like duplexes or similar. The stark, cold, mausoleum homes and mansions rarely are useful for 99% of the characters or ideas I have. Yards and parks and vacant lots. Things that *actually* are seen in a city or neighborhood. Small eateries and diners that aren't stark and barren or styled to the hilt with flowers and cupcakes. Basic businesses and buildings. 

Some more basic animals and insects would be cool as well, anything from an earthworm or an earwig to geckos or lizards. Maybe some more specific types of spiders? Wolf, huntsmen, daddy long-legs, jumping spiders. We have mythical creatures of all types, and even mice and rats and wasps and honey bees abound but are missing a lot in-between. 

Perfection is boring and Daz suffers from it. More average and normal and every day would be amazing.

Post edited by Cinnatwist on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,925

Quote:
    "Detailed external surfaces (road, pavement, soil etc)- most exterior props are large and the detail of the grouns is poor, so it is very difficult to do close ups of for example people sitting on the ground. Maybe people doing large exterior sets could include a higher detail 3x3 metre section of the same ground for close ups"

And also interiors. Most of interior homes are so straight lined, that it hurts. Make walls and floors slightly uneven. Maybe diplacement maps could help.