How to move the database?

Where is the database located and how do I move it to another drive?

Comments

• Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings, or for a mac Daz Studio>Preferences>CMS Settings. once you have a new location set you will need to copy the ContentCluster folder across (you select the folder that will hold the ContentCluster folder).

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,025

thank you. so DIM will know to update the correct stuff when I buy things in the future?

• DIM tracks itsd installations via the .dsx files in the manifesst folder. Do you still have the zips for the content installed through DIM?

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,025

Not all of them. I've been using DAZ for several years and I'm using four terabytes of space. But I did copy over the entire directory tree

• Well, wheer you do have the zips you can select them in the Instaled tab of Install Manager, right-click, and use the option to reinstall usinmg Current paths

• If you have them on an exteranl .. .the drive letter will become part of the path. 
    I have backups and if you have to rebuild that drive just change it's drive letter to the old one. 
    Almost all my daz files are on Drive G ... and there have been serveral of them over the years.
    My K drive disappeared and it has all the download files on it, I did dodge a bullet because the connector got knocked loose but I have that drive duped on one of my 12TB backups so I would have just done a new drive copied from the backup  and changed the new drives letter to K and dim would have been happy.