Summer Solstice was yesterday

StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

from DAZ3D social media...

Summer Solstice was yesterday. That means the year is half over. But ‪#‎DAZ3D‬ has so much more to come this year. Shhhh... Something BIG & EXCITING is right around the corner! Be sure to check tomorrow and be the first to know we we've got in store! ‪#‎DAZsurprise‬

Could only be one of two things..

Carrara 9 Pro

or

The Millenium Cow

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

I'm not really expecting a Carrara 9 Pro. But instead, in the same way Microsoft seemingly jumped from Windows 8 to Windows 10, I think DAZ will blow us away with a super awesome, totally re-designed and feature-laden CARRARA 11 !!!

Personally, I'm super excited and can't wait until tomorrow. After years of waiting for some Carrara developments, I have a hunch that this is it. Game on. And this will be AWESOME.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:

Summer Solstice was yesterday. That means the year is half over. But ‪#‎DAZ3D‬ has so much more to come this year. Shhhh... Something BIG & EXCITING is right around the corner! Be sure to check tomorrow and be the first to know we we've got in store! ‪#‎DAZsurprise‬

Carrara 9 Pro

or

The Millenium Cow

trust me, I have inside knowledge...
    It's an update for Bryce so that they can use Genesis 3... ;)

I was half expecting you to come wandering up on Saturday with a pigeon or two and say 'hello' :)

edited December 1969

ha ha I just checked the shop and I was half right (wit?) Genesis 3 and Vicki 7.
    for once I agree with Joe. That's AWESOME

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823
    edited December 1969

only downside to it is that it wasn't the summer solstice where I am..

It was the winter solstice...

Cowrara.jpg
    682 x 550 - 267K
    edited December 1969

only 364/2 sleeps to the summer one ;)

edited June 2015

head wax said:
    ha ha I just checked the shop and I was half right (wit?) Genesis 3 and Vicki 7.

Are you sure about that? I can hardly believe that the big news for DAZ would be only about new content. Just doesn't seem right.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I understand. When they say something big and exciting is coming, they meant it's big and exciting for DAZ, not the customers... :) :)

Or maybe there actually were some folks looking forward to a new Genesis and Vicky?

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
    edited December 1969

Oh wait, I think I understand. When they say something big and exciting is coming, they meant it’s big and exciting for DAZ, not the customers… smile smile

Oh yee of little faith ;)

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

#‎DAZsurprise‬ : A minor version update to #‎DAZsoon.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Oh great, more stuff that won't work in Carrara. 8-/

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

Are you sure about that? I can hardly believe that the big news for DAZ would be only about new content. Just doesn't seem right.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I understand. When they say something big and exciting is coming, they meant it's big and exciting for DAZ, not the customers... :) :)

Or maybe there actually were some folks looking forward to a new Genesis and Vicky?

Hey, Joe, I remember you liking the facial rigging that you had seen elsewhere and guess what - G3F and V7 have facial rigging! Of course there's a slight downside - it does NOT work in Carrara, in fact it crashes Carrara if you try to load it.

edited December 1969

What I've seen of the new G3 figure so far makes me really like it, or at least really *want to* like it...

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:

Carrara 9 Pro

or

The Millennium Cow

Back in my long lost youth, I was a Sun Worshiper and the Solstice was one of The High Holidays!

That, and Perihelion (which we should all be celebrating as the Real New Year's Festival each year!).

I still hope for The Millennium Cow but I am beginning to suspect that maybe, just maybe, DAZ does not feel bound by Dan Farr's Personal Promise to release The Millennium Cow before never.

Yes.

I know.

Dan doesn't own the place anymore.

And yes. I know he only promised it to me in a dream.

But it was a very realistic dream!!

And I still intend to hold DAZ to it. After all, a promise is a promise. Whether it was in the Dreamtime or the Other time - it's still a promise.

Where is their Honor?

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Hey, Joe, I remember you liking the facial rigging that you had seen elsewhere and guess what - G3F and V7 have facial rigging! Of course there's a slight downside - it does NOT work in Carrara, in fact it crashes Carrara if you try to load it.

Actually, since (at least IMO) the real benefit and strength of apps like Carrara is that it does characters. And any significant improvements in the characters is a good thing. I fully expect (at least hope) that at some point the mesh design and rigging and texturing reach a level where they are at least comparable to what is being done in the industry now with scanning, etc. That's a long way off, but IMO the present state of the V4-age characters is really pretty crude. I haven't taken the time to look at the newer versions, but a quick scan of these latest versions look like they're focusing on the right stuff at least. Which is good.

And after a few years, if Carrara survives and all of this new stuff gets compatible, it will be pretty awesome.

edited December 1969

Socratease, just for you :)

Stonehenge2014-FestivalSite-IW01.jpg
    500 x 375 - 58K
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Socratease, just for you :)

Those are some pretty bizarre looking cows!

But they have a nice barn %-P

edited June 2015

Cows come in all shapes and sizes! ;)

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

..........................................................................................

Yoga-Cow.jpg
    375 x 500 - 71K
    edited December 1969

This whole "cow" thing is the longest running joke in this forum, and I have no clue what the joke is... :) :) :) :)

Apparently someone really likes cows, but other than that I'm clueless... :) :)

edited June 2015

This whole "cow" thing is the longest running joke in this forum, and I have no clue what the joke is... :) :) :) :) ...

That's because it's no joke!

The Millennium Cow is Scientifically Proven to be the biggest selling item EVER, not just here at DAZ, but in all nine corners of the planet! It will bring about world peace (because the entire population of the world will be too busy making silly cow renders to bother with dum-dum stuff like waging wars over whose god has the biggest nose). This is Serious Stuff.

...Apparently someone really likes cows, but other than that I'm clueless... :) :)

Not someone - Everyone.

Even you, whether you realize it or not (and whether you are willing to admit it to others (or yourself) or not!).

Once you come to terms with your inherent love of cows in general, and your desperate need for long past due Millennium Cow, you will never feel clueless again!

Here; compare this Cow to Victoria 7 and see if you can still see any value in the over used and beaten to death concept of rendering humans in 3D software. Humans are no longer fashionable and Cows are what the public wants!!

pretty.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 428K
    Post edited by Sockratease on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

This whole "cow" thing is the longest running joke in this forum, and I have no clue what the joke is... :) :) :) :) ...

That's because it's no joke!

The Millennium Cow is Scientifically Proven to be the biggest selling item EVER, not just here at DAZ, but in all nine corners of the planet! It will bring about world peace (because the entire population of the world will be too busy making silly cow renders to bother with dum-dum stuff like waging wars over whose god has the biggest nose). This is Serious Stuff.

...Apparently someone really likes cows, but other than that I'm clueless... :) :)

Not someone - Everyone.

Even you, whether you realize it or not (and whether you are willing to admit it to others (or yourself) or not!).

Once you come to terms with your inherent love of cows in general, and your desperate need for long past due Millennium Cow, you will never feel clueless again!

Here; compare this Cow to Victoria 7 and see if you can still see any value in the over used and beaten to death concept of rendering humans in 3D software. Humans are no longer fashionable and Cows are what the public wants!!

Needs a rim light to make the hair "pop!" ;-P

Of course, it's a cow, so they have hair all over, except on their hooves, nose, inner mouth, eyeballs and some of their naughty bits.

edited December 1969

Cows have naughy bits? Do you know Cows with Guns?

also in reference to Pam's disclosure re her buying habits http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58113/

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823
    edited December 1969

Victoria 3 with Victoria 7 textures looking under the table to see if Carrara 9 is there

:coolgrin:

V3_with_V7_text.jpg
    900 x 675 - 178K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Sockratease - are you going to do an-udder render?!

edited December 1969

Needs a rim light to make the hair "pop!" ;-P...

But if it popped, wouldn't she need new hair?

head wax said:
    Cows have naughy bits? Do you know Cows with Guns?

also in reference to Pam's disclosure re her buying habits http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58113/

Of course cows have naughty bits. How else could all those Adult Cow Stores stay in business? And yup to Cows With Guns - for those not aware of it, here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBFkT_KZr8

I may post in the Genocide/Cowrarra thread, but ... you know!

Sockratease - are you going to do an-udder render?!

I keep trying, but life is not cooperating. So recycling old renders helps keep cows in the public eyes and minds until that happens!