Does anyone know how to export a daz Model from blender and keep the textures and bones

mogaremolbymogaremolby Posts: 75
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Tired of that horrible decimeter from daz which I paid for, and for god sake daz have a rating for your products, but like I was saying I'm using blender to decimate the characters but I can't export it with the textures or the bones it came with. Someone please help me

Comments

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 710
    edited December 1969

Are you trying to export the model from Daz to Blender or are you exporting the model from Blender to Daz?

• mogaremolbymogaremolby Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

I have found a script that lets me open a daz model right into blender but the problem I have is exporting that model with the textures as an fbx or obj with the textures, even though I can see the textures in blender

edited December 1969

I use this script mcjTeleBlender3.dsa, all you do is drag this script into daz and it will open it in blender

edited December 1969

Hmm... I have never used the mcjTeleBlender3.dsa before. I manually export the model from Daz as an OBJ file format. Which does not contain the textures already which I have to manually put it back. So when you use this script you see the texture through Blender's view port, but you don't see it when you render or something or are you just trying to export it to blender with the bones and textures?

edited December 1969

Basically it opens the model right in blender as a blender file and I can see the textures in texture mode but when I export it doesn't work and I can't see any of the textures even though I embed the textures

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Basically it opens the model right in blender as a blender file and I can see the textures in texture mode but when I export it doesn't work and I can't see any of the textures even though I embed the textures

Could you take a few screenshot of your screen of the process so I can better understand the problem you are trying to troubleshoot. Will help me a lot easier to try to figure out why the texture's aren't appearing when you're trying to export the model.

edited December 1969

Download the zip file off this link all you have to do is dAz THIS SCRIPT INTO DAZ and it will ask you to export it to blender and just pres ok and it will automatically open in blender.

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjteleblender3

I can't take a photo I would need to make a video

edited December 1969

I'm having troubles downloading the script. Getting a server problem when trying to download it. No possible way for you to take some screen shots of your screen? Simply press the PrtSc on your keyboard. Open up paint then right click paste. Save the image and then upload the image here by clicking "Chooise File".

edited December 1969

infact i will send it to you on deviant art

edited December 1969

download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/home/daz to blender my dropbox

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

I ran the script, but I'm not getting anything in my Blender viewport when I export it. I get the factory default scene with the cube in the center.

edited December 1969

once you drag the script into your daz scene it will ask you to export it and you just click ok and it will open that chosen daz model into blender

edited December 1969

Hmm might be the version of Blender I am using. What version of Blender are you using. I'm using the latest one. 2.74.

edited December 1969

Same one pal I can make a video give me one minute

edited December 1969

check out this link chrome-extension://mmeijimgabbpbgpdklnllpncmdofkcpn/app.html#/files/147ee317-d932-4d52-y41e-398e676ba03b

edited December 1969

I don't see the video. Please upload some screen shots.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

check out this link chrome-extension://mmeijimgabbpbgpdklnllpncmdofkcpn/app.html#/files/147ee317-d932-4d52-y41e-398e676ba03b

thats a link to an chrome extension installed on your computer.

edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay here is a video I posted of the process of getting daz into blender on my youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqngMojN9Bk