Viewport doesn't reflect changes when colors and textures are selected

jayosojayoso Posts: 0

Noob here.
When I deploy an albino G8F then add some hair, the hair shows, I guess in the default colors.  When I select a different color, the hair color in the viewport doesn't change as I've seen it do in youtubes.  This also happens with skin tones, hair styles,  materials and it is very frustating.

My graphics card is a GTX 1050 ti 4gb which I know is a low category performer, but it meets all the requirements I need and know about.  I'm using the Nvidia Studio driver v516.59.  The log.txt file seem to agree with me that it's got all it needs hardware-wise - except for a few complaints like this:

9:55.858 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avcodec-58.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.

on 9 of the dlls.  It looks like dzneuraymgr.cpp used in avcodec-58.dll, avfilter-7.dll, avformat-58.dll, avutil-56.dll, AxFDecoding.1.8.1.dll, libnvindex.dll, libnvindex_application_layer_application_layer.dll, libnvindex_plugin_openvdb_integration.dll and wresample-3.dll wants to be aware of "mi_plugin_factory"

I tried the solution given by aldiegavn, "IRAY IN 4.20 NOT WORKING WITH RTX 3080 12GB (SOLVED)" posted on 7/19, but neither of the two files cited exist on my machine - perhaps because of my graphics hardware.

I think this may be my issue but I'm unable to take it further.  Daz Studio installed through DazCentral on 7/21/22.  Can anybody help?

txt
txt
log.txt
Post edited by jayoso on

Comments

• Is this in render or just the Vewport? if it's just the Viewport what Drawstyle is it using?

• jayosojayoso Posts: 0

Thanks Richard - you led me right to it.  It is the drawing style.  Noob, noob.

• It's easily done - especially as ctrl (cmd on Mac) plus a number key will select a Drawstyle, so a miskey can flip it.