New sets

We have great elven and dwarf characters so how about some great Environments for them like rivendale ,Moria Lothlorian dwarf and elven furnitures. 

Comments

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,519

I would love this!  Some really pretty elven themed housing and furniture would be perfect for showing off all our gorgeous elven models!  Lots of swirls and vines and leaves and light, airy designs.  And maybe some heavy, geometric style furnishings for the dwarves, though we don't have as many of them.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502

I do agree. But the vast scope of some of the landscape environments would make it difficult to create in DS.

Lothlorien with its Mallorn trees (which I always imagined as vast yellow leaved Lime/Linden trees) would be heavy on any system if more than a tiny area was modelled in any detail. And the temptation to explore out of that area would be absolutely irresistable.

There is another problem. LOTR is so embedded in people's imaginations from the books, would you appreciate someone else's version of it? I read LOTR before I saw Rodney Matthews' interpretation (https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a0040586868_10.jpg) - and really didn't like it, feeling as if he was trying to muscle in and shape my view. Generally I like Rodney Matthews images, but that, that was an interpretation too far for me. The scope of the film imagination was big enough & grand enough for me, but is that the only view of Middle Earth that should prevail?

Regards,

Richard