Reinstalling everything and library folder will be moved.

vollezarvollezar Posts: 27

I have to reinstall my OS and everything else. Doing that because my OS drive is tiny. I have finally got a larger drive.
Right now my asset library for DAZ is on the D: drive, while Daz itself and all the Saved scenes, characters, etc are on teh C: drive. After reinstall I can put all the assets onto C drive. My worry is that all the scenes and characters I have made might get screwed up because "My library" is going to be on a different drive. Will I have that issue? Is there a way I can get around that?

Thank you.

Post edited by vollezar on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,204

If you are going to re-install everything, all you have to do is let Studio know where the library is. The path to the assets is relative to the Library Mapped Folder, so it will be transparent to Studio and any saved scenes. Use the Content Directory Manager to configure the Library paths used.

Some users recommend against installing the content on the OS drive, in case it runs out of room again, or fails. Maybe use the big drive for the library and other data, and keep the OS and Programs separate. There are numerous threads about users asking how to move the library because they are running out of room on their drive. You'll appreciate that when you run into the terabytes...

• vollezarvollezar Posts: 27

NorthOf45 said:

If you are going to re-install everything, all you have to do is let Studio know where the library is. The path to the assets is relative to the Library Mapped Folder, so it will be transparent to Studio and any saved scenes. Use the Content Directory Manager to configure the Library paths used.

Some users recommend against installing the content on the OS drive, in case it runs out of room again, or fails. Maybe use the big drive for the library and other data, and keep the OS and Programs separate. There are numerous threads about users asking how to move the library because they are running out of room on their drive. You'll appreciate that when you run into the terabytes...

Thank You. It worked out fine. I did install it on OS drive. Kind of have no choice. Took me a few months to save up enough to get what I have now. After reinstalling I also used the "content DB maintenance" option. It's all working great and no saved scenes or characters are broken.