Adjust rigging to shape in dress doesn't work for auto-generated height morph

I'm at a complete loss, because I made a dress/trench coat for Genesis 2 Male (I don't like the newer figures) and added custom bones to control the lower part (the skirt part) of the dress/coat and it works perfectly on the base character. But I made it specificially for a custom character for a book I'm writing and he uses the height morph, in the negative value (making him taller). He's only a bit taller than the base figure, however that doesn't matter, because the custom bones I made for the "skirt" section of the dress/coat do not follow that morph, so the rigging I did is useless now. I have followed all of the tutorials on how to adjust rigging to shape and ERC freeze it, but instead of working, it just messes up the rigging entirely and makes the bones shorter, instead of taller, (I'm assuming because the Height morph goes in negative values to make them taller, instead of positive, which honestly doesn't make sense). I am pretty good at doing JCMs at this point, but I have obviously not figured out how to do morph controlled fixes, because I can correct rotation (bend, side to side, twist, ect) just fine with morphs, but I can't figure out how to fix rigging in a morph that is for comformed clothing. I can do it in a figure that is not conformed to someone else or a morph that doesn't go to negative values, but I can't figure it out for something like this and it's making me feel like I'm am missing something or just incable of figuring it out, but there are no results that I can find that discuss this specific thing. I hope what I'm saying is making sense and I hope someone knows what I'm doing wrong, if there's an extra step for morphs that go in the negative value or something? Please help me and thank you in advance.

Comments

• Had you memorised the rigging in the base state, after adding the custom bones, before using Adjust Rigging to Shape?

• Yes I did... I did realize something, that I'm not sure would work, because I haven't tested it yet, I'm just now getting back to working on it, but I did notice that what it does is it does the opposite of what I want. So when I dial it negative, making G2M taller, the skirt bones get shorter, instead of taller and vice versa. So I'm wondering if I'm supposed to dial it in the positve, so make G2M shorter, instead of taller, then adjust rigging to shape and do an ERC freeze and maybe that's why it's doing it? I have to test it out, but if that's not what's going on, then I'm at a loss, lol. 

Also, another thing I noticed is, when ERC freezing and leaving the "restore figure rigging," and all that on, as default, it doesn't reset the clothing, just G2M, so the coat/dress just stays in the morphed shape, which I just zero them both out again, but it is something I'm concerned about. Is that breaking the auto-follow thing when it does that and also why doesn't it restore the clothing to the base shape?... Daz is very confusing, despite me using it for over 10 years, lol.

• Edit: I just tried what I mentioned and it does seem that I was correct, (at least it seems to have worked). The thing I was doing wrong, (I think), was I was dialing it in the negative value, so for G2M, to make him taller, it's -1.0 and then adjusting rigging to shape and ERC freezing it. That is the opposite of how I should have done it, it should be dial it to 1.0, then adjust rigging to shape, then ERC freeze it and it still does the thing where it doesn't reset the morph when G2M's morph is reset, but I just zeroed that out and redialed G2M's height morph and it seems to have worked fine this time. So now if I dial it positive, the bones get shorter and if I dial it negative, the bones get taller, like what I wanted it to do. I apologize, I didn't think of that for some reason until earlier today... I guess I assumed you had to adjust the rigging for both values, like how you have to make seperate JCMs for negative and positive values in the bend, side to side and twist parameters, but it seems, at least for the Height morph on G2M (and presumeably on G2F as well), that is not the case. But maybe this will help someone else, so I'm posting what it seems the solution was. (I will update if it turns out to not have worked or breaks anything).

I still wonder if it's supposed to do the reset of G2M, but not reset the clothing though, it does that with some JCMs as well, such as with custom bones, it doesn't reset the pose, ect... so I'm just wondering if that's normal, or something I should be concerned about in terms of it breaking anything with the clothing. 

• Hmm, I would not expect the sign to matter - it might be worth opening a ticket in case there is an issue.

• So far it seems to have worked fine, I saved the morph and reloaded the coat/dress and it still works and didn't seem to break anything and it also still auto-follows, so I think everything's fine. I also did the adjust rigging to shape and ERC freeze for other shapes, such as the characters that are taller or shorter than the base figure and that worked fine too, so it appears I was right about it only working in the positve values. So if a morph has both positive and negative values, one must dial it in the positive first, then do the adjust rigging to shape and ERC freeze, at least for height morphs. Thank you for your help and I hope maybe this can help someone else too, because in all of the tutorials I've read or watched, this issue was never addressed... (at least for the ones I've followed, there may be one I hadn't read or seen, but google isn't super smart about finding relevant results when searching for tutorials or solutions for things)