Installation issues

Hi all,

I am really disapointed by your products. You seem to be aroud for 15 yers yet I have excessive difficulties installing Daz Studio.
First I downloaded and installed Daz Central. I ran it to download Daz Studio but the download didn't go well. It got stuck at 57% and then it stopped. I reran it several times but could not complete the download well as it seemed to stop alone without reason. Looking for info on the internet I found a reddit post that says that Daz Central is very unefficient and that Daz DIM was better. So I downloaded and installed DIM. DIM tried to dowload the necessary files as an automatic queue but it seems it tries to download several packs at a time. On my slow connection it becomers a nightmare as nothing gets completed. Then it seems I gave to unlog and relog to be able to install. Well I got several diificulties downloading to the point that I had to remove the autoamttic queue and download the files one at a time to at least complet all the downloads. At this point I thought my nightmare was behind me. Alas when runninig Daz Studio no files were there. I had a warning on all files that should be here : the files were not there. I searched and found that there may be content directory pointing problems. Alas even with infio I was not able to fix this. So I decided to desinstall the packages and resintall them. To no point. Then I decided to uninstall everything, Studio, DIM , Central, and make a fresh install. I resinstalled DIM and Daz Studio alone and launched it. I got a message telling me that I need to install postgre sql CMS and i did. but I could not install it as the installer tells me another version is already installed. As advised I tried to desinstall the previous version but windows can't find another installation on my machine. 
This is the point where I am now. Quite angry and disapointed . I don't think I had so many problems installing an application in my whole life. I lost half a day trying to install this software to no point.

Why Central and DIM try to download several packs at once instead of properly queuing them ion the correct order ? I'm not an expert but this seems to be the root of all the installtion problerms. As some other people tried to resume thheir installtion from Central to  Dim to better manage it. Maybe the 2 installations are confliting each other. Anyway I stil ldon't understand why the installtion process is so complicated.

So right now i don't know what tio do as I seem stuck. Even a fresh reinstall does not work. This is insane. Please try to help me out.

Comments

• Uninstalling and reinstalling dosen't touch settings, so if there are path issues they will remain. The PostgreSQL error could be related to folder permissions, or a corrupt database. What are your current directory settings in Install manager (the Installation tab in Advanced Settings, available from the gear icon at top-right) and Daz Studio (Edit>Preferences, go to the Content tab, click Content Directory Manager, under current set expand all the entries to show their folders)?