Steampunk and Sherlock Street Detective Bundle items are having loading issues

I purchased the Steampunk and Sherlock Street Detective Bundle | Daz 3D a few sales back and have been having issues with the assets loading, since.

Already created a post for Mark G8M not loading when clicking the .duf, this was fixed after an Update was found for it when I logged into connect by accident. Was advised that logging in if you have a library from non-Daz can cause issues so I have not logged in since that post and have had no issues with Mark loading.

But today I trying to load bastien curly hair (Another item in the same bundle) and am having issues so I am now wordering if my issues stem from just this bundle as another item in this bundle is not loading as expected.

Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Male/Hair/Bastien Curly Hair/Bastien Curly Hair G8M.duf

2022-07-26 13:41:15.391 [INFO] :: U:/Daz3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_70155/people/genesis 8 male/hair/bastien curly hair/bastien curly hair g8m.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

2022-07-26 13:41:15.391 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: U:/Daz3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_70155/people/genesis 8 male/hair/bastien curly hair/bastien curly hair g8m.duf

2022-07-26 13:41:15.391 [INFO] :: Operation failed

I have so far tried all the basic steps (download manually, replace the files, tried to open the .duf to edit it, but it seems encrypted, out of ideas so created a post) 

Should I create help ticket for this ?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,647

You have tried to install using Connect. And apparently it has failed to decrypt properly.

And as long as you have the Connect installation (even if it isn't working) it will be that one DS uses, i.e. other methods will be overruled.

You can either try to reinstall with Connect, or uninstall the Connect installation, so your other methods can come in use.

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 75

felis said:

You have tried to install using Connect. And apparently it has failed to decrypt properly.

And as long as you have the Connect installation (even if it isn't working) it will be that one DS uses, i.e. other methods will be overruled.

You can either try to reinstall with Connect, or uninstall the Connect installation, so your other methods can come in use.

Trying this now.
    As this bundle has multiple items, Can I install using DazCentral or is that the same as Connect?
    I cannot find this showing up on DIM after removing the items using Connect, would there be an easy way to find and reinstall these assests? or should I grab all the zips? 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,647

Connect is from inside Daz Studio. For reinstall I would assume you can right-click and select reinstall. I know you can right-click and select uninstall.

Daz Central is a simplified version of DIM, and they should have similar options (I only use DIM), so you should be able to install with Daz Central if you have uninstalled with Connect.

felis said:

Connect is from inside Daz Studio. For reinstall I would assume you can right-click and select reinstall. I know you can right-click and select uninstall.

Daz Central is a simplified version of DIM, and they should have similar options (I only use DIM), so you should be able to install with Daz Central if you have uninstalled with Connect.

Fantastic timing on the reply. just got on the pc with the issue and was about to DL the files 1 by 1. :D

That fixed it!

Thanks.

I just uninstalled from Connect and DIM -- then just reinstalled from DIM as this bundle was all I was missing in Installed. Simple.