If Michael and Victoria had a kid, or how to transfer head morphs between G8F & G8M?

I am working on a project where I need to somehow mix morphs between two characters, one being female and the other male. I searched the forums for a few days and read every thread there probably is on the topic, but unfortunatly most of them are looking at it from a 'transgender' perspective - and not a 'two adults having a child' perspective. 

So, at least theoretically speaking a "kid" between Michael and Victoria would inherit 30% of Michaels body and headshape and 70% of victoria's body and head shape if its female [they have a daughter] or vice versa if it's a boy. I would then use a tool like Genesis 8 UV Swap to apply either Victorias or Miachels texture on the 'kid' and then use the 'grow up' plugin to get the mature kid into a real kid-like body. 

Where I am stuck is the headshape/morphs. I need to find a way to be able to 'apply 50% of a G8M head' to a any G8F character and vice versa. 

Has anyone ever looked into this?

I'd be happy to fund development of such a mod/workaround if there still is none. 

George

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

Export both base figures as OBJ, import to Blender, 'wrap' G8F to G8M, export the resulting G8F to OBJ and import to DS as a morph.

• ggrancharov said:

I am working on a project where I need to somehow mix morphs between two characters, one being female and the other male. I searched the forums for a few days and read every thread there probably is on the topic, but unfortunatly most of them are looking at it from a 'transgender' perspective - and not a 'two adults having a child' perspective. 

So, at least theoretically speaking a "kid" between Michael and Victoria would inherit 30% of Michaels body and headshape and 70% of victoria's body and head shape if its female [they have a daughter] or vice versa if it's a boy. I would then use a tool like Genesis 8 UV Swap to apply either Victorias or Miachels texture on the 'kid' and then use the 'grow up' plugin to get the mature kid into a real kid-like body. 

Where I am stuck is the headshape/morphs. I need to find a way to be able to 'apply 50% of a G8M head' to a any G8F character and vice versa. 

Has anyone ever looked into this?

I'd be happy to fund development of such a mod/workaround if there still is none. 

George

Sounds like you need to use the Transfer Utility to transfer the Michael 8.1 head morph to Victoria 8.1, and/or vice versa. This can easily be done within DAZ with tools provided. This will not have any Transgender transfers with it just the head morph. If you aren't familiar with the Transfer Utility, there are several good videos out there on how to use it. I will update this post after putting a quick class together.  I do this all the time, you get quite good at it after a few times! Reply here if you want a quick tutorial, TD 

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 362

See SickleYield's tutorial and @terry_duquette's answer to a similar question last month.

• Omniflux said:

See SickleYield's tutorial and @terry_duquette's answer to a similar question last month.

Omniflux,

Thanks for the reminders, I learned to do most of this from that Tutorial, and almost just forwarded the twins work to this thread.

Here is a quck tutorial on how to do this exact task, only included a single render, and screen capture of a possible setting. The PDF is a visual step by step approach designed around a new user.

Have fun blending and moving morphs!! TD 

Michael-Victoria Blend.jpg
    1111 x 717 - 476K
    Michael Victoria mix screen cap.png
    1920 x 1144 - 3M
    pdf
    pdf
    Michael Victoria head mix.pdf
    2M
  • terry_duquette said:

Omniflux said:

Omniflux,

Thanks for the reminders, I learned to do most of this from that Tutorial, and almost just forwarded the twins work to this thread.

Here is a quck tutorial on how to do this exact task, only included a single render, and screen capture of a possible setting. The PDF is a visual step by step approach designed around a new user.

Have fun blending and moving morphs!! TD 

Wow, this was really helpful - I appreciate it, will try it out ASAP! I assume it will work with Genesis 8 as well. 

Thanks again,

George