Now ready for download - Diamonds are a girl's best friend jewelry for G8F

2»

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Here is the fixed version of the render. The diamonds in the choker and necklace came out looking more like aurora borealis rhinestones but it is still definitely an improvement. The lighting is much better. All in all I am happy with the changes made with your help.

Norma Jeanes Big Dream.png
    723 x 1080 - 3M

@perlk - I forgot to mention that the necklaces still don't follow the pose correctly.

• Love it, looks great. Wished my renders came out that good.  A suggestion might be to turn on caustic sampler in the render settings. Might give the diamonds a bit more sparkle. It will increase the render time though.

Thank you, @BronzeDragonsmiley I often use in my renderings this product - it is great for portrait renderings:

https://www.daz3d.com/boss-pro-light-set-for-portraits-promos

I also like this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/ptf-neon-splash-lighting-suite

In the Marilyn in diamonds render I used both of them - an HDRI from PTF NSLS and the complex, full body lighting preset from BOSS. It is really lighting made easy. I write about lighting, because lighting can make or break the render - it is that important and done right it will really change your renders dramatically.

I will keep in mind your "caustic sampler" suggestion for my next render. I feel I am done with this one. smiley

• The image definitely looks much better. It's a beautiful render. It was a beautiful setup before, but now it looks like there is more depth and life to the image. The 'satin' actually has a natural sheen to it and no longer looks like hefty rubber. The sequins aren't washed out anymore either and even shimmer according to her movement and curves. She and her hair both have a much more 3-dimensional look to them and much more of the details that were lost before can be seen. 

Excellent job and gorgeous render! 

@K8sGraphics - Thank you for your lovely analysis of my render! You are very kind and generous to say all those nice things. heart If it wasn't for the feedback I received for this image, it wouldn't end up looking so good, so thank you for your constructive criticism too! I would love to see your render in one of "my" threads. With your keen eye, I'm sure it would be fantastic! smileywink

• perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited August 2022

AOBB said:

@perlk - I forgot to mention that the necklaces still don't follow the pose correctly.

It's closer though? They're not jointed because I'm not very good at doing that, if I jointed them, it would fit easier without you having to reposition like crazy once you pose.

Post edited by perlk on

AOBB said:

Here is the fixed version of the render. The diamonds in the choker and necklace came out looking more like aurora borealis rhinestones but it is still definitely an improvement. The lighting is much better. All in all I am happy with the changes made with your help.

It's SO BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

@perlk - the necklaces seems to be positioned the same way they were before when I load them. I'm glad you love my render! Your hard work was worth it! yesheart

I've gotta watch a movie with Jean Harlow to get a better sense of her head structure, because on every photo she looks different... anyway, I'm working on her. smiley

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

AOBB said:

That looks really good and improved with the diamonds. I am trying to use the gloves you used too & I can't help but be reminded they look like Playtex Rubber Gloves and even simulating them in dForce doesn't help. I think there is a small cushion between the gloves and the person automatically built into autofit that is the reason for that.

@perlk - If you would really like to spend some time making jewelry then there is at DAZ store a tutorial for rigging necklaces:

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-masterclass-rigging-necklaces - it is over 50 percent off right now.

@nonesuch00 - maybe these gloves will work better:

https://www.daz3d.com/red-carpet-formal-outfit-gloves-for-genesis-8-females

These shaders work great as silk:

https://www.daz3d.com/pearlish-iray-shaders

I also recommend these shaders for silk and satin:

https://www.daz3d.com/4k-fabric-shader-presets-2-for-iray

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your render! smiley

• uberRoghuberRogh Posts: 33

Just a simple render as you don't need much with assets as beautiful as this.

Thanks @perlk for an amazing necklace and @AOBB for the model

Oh, I love it, @uberRogh ! What a great render!

@uberRogh - thank you for showing the other side of Marilyn. Her truth should be told.

• uberRoghuberRogh Posts: 33

Thank you both, means a lot that the creators enjoy the images we render.

I actually re-created this render 3 or 4 times but each time I went back to this one heart

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited August 2022

My characters usually do not wear diamonds, but...

I did separate the earrings to a a left and a right prop. The necklace was converted to a figure and fitted to G8F. I had to tweak the choker's hidden parameters to fit it to a young character.

In the sky ith diamonds_03_04.png
    3840 x 2160 - 6M
    Post edited by rosseliani on

@rosseliani - I didn't expect diamonds on someone so adorable! I love it!

• Really great. Nice and pretty and beautiful and everything else. Love the look. Downloaded but not yet used. Will do soon.