[Out Now!] Future School Hallway [Commercial]

Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635
edited August 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Edit - Out now: https://www.daz3d.com/future-school-hallway

A standalone addon to the Future classroom: Future School Hallway is designed in a similar style to expand the school. Now your studious characters can get to and from class, or rush out at the end of the day.

This is modular, so you can build different arrangements of hallway for larger/smaller schools. Pose presets make setting up your own layouts easy.

Comes with lockers, sign, screen, banner, info-station, trophy case, emergency exit, main doors and classroom door (all doors open, including locker doors and trophy case doors). Bonus position presets help you line up the classroom (if owned) for one continuous environment.

Preloads load up a couple of hallway setups, plus 2 multi-hallway setups (T and H arrangements).

Coming to my Daz Store soon!

FSH_Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 356K
FSH_Popup_01.jpg
1600 x 900 - 340K
FSH_Popup_02.jpg
1600 x 900 - 335K
FSH_Popup_03.jpg
1600 x 900 - 296K
FSH_Popup_04.jpg
1600 x 1200 - 498K
FSH_Popup_05.jpg
1200 x 900 - 251K
FSH_Popup_06.jpg
1200 x 1103 - 214K
FSH_Popup_09.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 414K
Post edited by Silent Winter on

Comments

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

This is cool! I can throw in a few holographs and a drone from other sources had have a cool scene. Great idea.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Sucks to be the kids who have to use the bottom lockers, as it looks like they'd have to be practically lying prone on the floor in order to match their hands up with the handprint shape.  Designwise, it would make more sense for the hand shapes on the lower rows to be inverted to imply that they can just reach down and touch it that way.  (And let's not even get into the social stigmas that would come from being designated a "bottom" when all your friends are "tops." devil 

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635
    edited August 2022

Cybersox said:

Sucks to be the kids who have to use the bottom lockers, as it looks like they'd have to be practically lying prone on the floor in order to match their hands up with the handprint shape. 

Not quite - you'd have to kneel/squat down (see attached quick pic) ... but that's what the kids at my school who have the lower lockers have to do anyway to use them.

In the product, the scanners are separate though, so you can raise it slightly before it looks off (see pic - right side locker)

Designwise, it would make more sense for the hand shapes on the lower rows to be inverted to imply that they can just reach down and touch it that way. 

If that's what you'd prefer, it'd be a simple edit to a single texture map (or simply use LIE to invert the image and move it down so it lines up).

(And let's not even get into the social stigmas that would come from being designated a "bottom" when all your friends are "tops." devil 

Well, that's hardly a flaw with this particular design (unless you're saying nobody should have a bottom locker and they should all be full-length single lockers ... which just isn't my experience in schools). Some kids get the lower lockers ... and yes, they complain but they have to live with it.

The subsequent product to this one will be a Future School Gym (+changing rooms) - the changing rooms there will have full-length lockers (mostly because I don't want to repeat too many props and it'd be a nice option for those who buy both). So maybe look out for that? (It'll be a few weeks before that's ready though).

Lower locker hand test.png
    900 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Silent Winter on

maraich said:

This is cool! I can throw in a few holographs and a drone from other sources had have a cool scene. Great idea.

Sounds cool - would love to see what you do with it :)

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

Future Dystopian School Hallway?  Armed guards, security cameras, security checkpoints, body scanners, etc...

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Are these lockers a peculiarly US thing? My old school in England didn't have them but that was a long time ago and it is a long time since I have stepped into a school corridor. So I don't know whether this is another US practice that has made its way across the Atlantic.

marble said:

Are these lockers a peculiarly US thing? My old school in England didn't have them but that was a long time ago and it is a long time since I have stepped into a school corridor. So I don't know whether this is another US practice that has made its way across the Atlantic.

Back in UK, we had desks that would open (the top pivoted off like a lid) to keep your stuff in, but in the final year or two we had lockers. Here where I am in Oz, the kids all have lockers (perhaps because they all have laptops now) but they're outside the building. I don't think there's one single standard for these things. I just liked the look of these and they're reminiscent of the kinds of things I see in TV/Movies (mostly US) while having that slightly futuristic feel.

Seven193 said:

Future Dystopian School Hallway?  Armed guards, security cameras, security checkpoints, body scanners, etc...

Well, this set was designed as neither dystopian nor utopian ... but you could easily kitbash it to be more dystopian - just put a propagnda image on the screens and add cameras and scanners from another set.