Daz3D Forum suggestion: Search by specific forum

VizerVizer Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Product Suggestions

I'm learning Daz3D and these forums are a great resource, but the search functionality needs some love! It's like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. It would be great to have the ability to keyword search in specific sub-forums, rather than search every forum post by default (which looks to be the sole search option). 

If I'm looking for a specific answer related to Daz to Cinema4D, for instance, I'd like to search inside the Daz C4D forum, instead of having to wade through pages of unrelated results – which happens a lot if a common technical term is being used in the keyword search. There's no phrase search or ability to perform AND/OR/NOT type searches. 

I think having at least one of these would be a huge help.

• Option to limit search results to specific subforums
  • Support for AND/OR/NOT operators or phrase search
Post edited by Vizer on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I am no help but the forum used to have that functionalty and I miss it

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

At this time, the best way to search the forums is through the search engine in your browser, and specify DAZ3D or something like that. It works generally, though sometimes it can go off the rails. Then you might rethink your question, or ask in the forums specifically. There are many people and moderators whol will help, or find a thread they remember where your issue came up before.

But, it would be nice to be able to find a result within the forum itself.

• Add "forum" and "Daz3D" to your search's keyword searches in the search engine of your choice [i.e. Google]. Which sub-forum any one post is in can change as folk rearrange where their posts are stationed.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but if the thread you find is a couple of years old and you wish to ask a question in it based on the subject, it might be worth it to just make a new one as opposed to posting a new question in that one... Not just because it might be a more effective way of getting a more relevant answer, but because it's kind of considered "Necro-posting" (posting in a dead thread)...

Apparently that's frowned upon, but tolerated... I have no idea why, but I've also never asked why... but I guess it's worth considering.