moussal6moussal6 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello everybody,

I created various thin and overweighed avatars (based on Genesis) with Daz Studio 4. But I need to have an estimation of their BMI (Body Mass Index).

To use the common mathematical formula, I need to have the height and the weight of my avatar. I can define an “average height”, but does someone have an idea to obtain an estimate of the weight (or the volume) of my avatars?

For example, one cubic centimeter of mesh is equal to 1.1 grams body mass… Thus, is it possible to obtain a total count of the cubic centimeter of mesh contained by one of my avatars?

Or is there any other possibility to obtain the measurements (e.g., height, weight, hips circumference) of my avatars?

Thank you so much in advance for your answer! It will help me a lot!!!

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

The default measurement unit in DAZ Studio is in centimeters. You can easily make cubes or cylinders at various "heights" and also use them as measurement tools.

E.g., creating a cube that is 179cm square will show you that the default height for the Victoria 4 figure is ~ 5 foot, 10.5 inches.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

But only because 179 centimetres = 70.4724409 inches.

Sorry, couldn't resist it!

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

There's no easy way to determine the volume of a mesh, and the supermodel proportions of Victoria are likely to throw off standard height to weight tables unless you have dealt with that by proportionately shortening her legs. Equally all of the Poser figures have fairly athletic builds, which BMI has problems with, and you have no way of establishing body fat percentage and things like that (though that's something BMI fails to account for anyway).

Effectively the only way to say that a particular morphed figure is any weight is to make a finger in the wind estimate, or to make a finger in the wind estimate of BMI and back-calculate that to a weight using the BMI formula and their height.

• moussal6moussal6 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your answers! I'll try to have an estimate of my avatars' volume with various cylinders!