My Renders Of Cute And Other Randoms

pofotigecpofotigec Posts: 32
edited August 2022 in Art Studio

Hiya! Been with Daz 3D for over 4 years now! But have always been a behind the scenes kind of person. But I kinda thought I'd begin looking into becoming a part of the community at least to some degree. So I've decided that from time to time, I'll post some of the things I'm not too unhappy about as far as my renders go. =]

- Couple things about me. I am as far as I can tell, a noob even to this day. I can't say I do a great job. So don't expect fancy things like some of the amazing artists here. Nor high resolution versions unless Im feeling up for it heh.

- I am always open to constructive criticism/suggestions/feedback. But if you're simply going to give me something unhelpful, I won't find it useful to improve. I've been out of the loop for nearly 3 years. So am actually catching up, relearning what I've forgotten and so on.

That being said, let's get to the first one.

Originally this picture had a background with 3D assets used. However I felt they looked really low quality in comparison to the character and such. So I rendered everything again with just the figure and the rain. And threw in a background from the net. Was far happier with the result. Was struggling with making the hair come out the way I wanted it to, particuarly in regards to the wetness. Overall, this was actually more of a rushed test than anything else. But I like how it came out, so am sharing it ^^

Post edited by pofotigec on

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

That's unbelievably cool, looking forward to seeing more "tests":))

• Sven Dullah said:

That's unbelievably cool, looking forward to seeing more "tests":))

Many thanks for the response <3 It's appreciated :3

• Hello again! Here's todays work ^^

- I've kinda rushed this cause I need to attend to things IRL. So I'm not 100% happy with my post process work in photoshop. Namely the grass that I added to cover up as well as the attempt at a campfire. However I decided I wanted to rather try to achieve results entirely without any guides purely for my own exploration and learning experience of photoshop. So though it's very nooby, I like that I managed to play around and achieve some form of a fire effect.

I don't really know what I was aiming for as far as a scene goes. But I just kinda felt like making something random even if it may not quite make that much sense. Fun little campout and sparring match.

First one - Without the campfire, using just the normal rendered lighting + a combined set of background from wallpapers and my poorly added photoshop grass added in too :p

- Campfire version. - The lighting of the fire etc all done within photoshop, as well as the smoke effects etc. This I really played around with a lot as an experiment to see if I could make a smoke effect and so on. I know the fire's flames and campfire rocks etc are terrible xP Overall, Im actually impressed with how much I could achieve in terms of "relighting" the scene without having to do another render though.

• Welp! Im back with another one. Couple of things to note.

I really wanted to improve the look of the character overall. So after much time and a mixture of various morphs rather than just straight out one character, I came with what I am quite happy with as far as body shape/proportions and cuteness go ^^

This was more of a quick test but I kinda enjoyed how it came out so I figured I'd share it. Really struggled to get a background that would fit the perspective so thats my main gripe about this one haha. But here it is! Im wanting to try and see if I can make a neko or furry version of her but the process is a bit daunting for me at the moment..

• pofotigecpofotigec Posts: 32
    edited September 2022

Made this to try and cheer up a friend whose been going through a rough time due to a guy being a jerk and cheating on her. Experimented with lighting for this one using an HDRI I found from the net. I quite like how it turned out.

[Edit] Please delete this post. If im understanding correctly (the part of nipples) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity - this picture can't be posted

Post edited by pofotigec on
  • Oky dokey! So am back with another new render. However this is technically a work in progress. (I promise it has a happy ending) ^^

I spent a lot of time on this both in Daz as well as in Photoshop to give the final underwater atmospheric touch. I think I've been going at this one for... 8 hours straight? Maybe a bit more... So much experimenting and new unexplored areas of work. So was pretty fun! Am excited actually. Looking into learning animation in Daz :3

Only gripe with this was I struggled to make decent looking bubbles and I also struggled to add some sort of "plankton" like bits in the water.

Sink not you dear soul_Post Work Finish.png
    1920 x 2299 - 4M