What are my most needed assets? Number 1, short hair for males...

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282
edited August 2022 in Product Suggestions

What are my most needed assets?

These assets I will almost always buy immediately.

1) Short hair for males (as many varieties as possible)

I have just about every male hair offered in the Daz store and others as well from Renderosity.

Still, I find myself limited on this asset often using the same hair assets over and over.

Regular haircuts for men, they are subtly different unlike for females which are vastly varied.

For male hair, if the back or sides are too puffy it can throw the image off. If it looks too choppy or not realistic enough that can make a certain hair unworkable in certain or many situations.

If the color options are not varied enough that can also limit a certain hair asset. (Blond is especially difficult to make look realistic and many browns are just the wrong shade.) More color options would be great even for existing assets. Daz has some awesome tools to help correct these color issues but achieving success is not always easy.     

If the blacks are too gray, it can make getting that asset to work nearly impossible.

These limit the male hair choices down to a precious few.

So, short hair for males is my number one request. Every subtle variation of "short hair", I will buy almost everything you can make. Styled short hair are the best… Not so much, shaved on the side and long on top, but nicely styled on the sides as well.

2) Loin cloths, request for loincloths (and underwear) in every shape and size. Shorts, cargo pants (with belts) I have all of the ones that the Daz store offers but more variety would be very nice.

More Dforce togas and male undergarments with lots of textures. I will buy any male loincloths and undergarments, tank tops, wrap arounds made available... 

3) Highly attractive male 8.1 figures (that goes without saying) with highly detailed skin and various tones.

There are a lot of REALLY nice 8.1 figures already, but I am always looking for more to blend morphs into what I currently have.

With the type of work I do, there are certain male figures I rarely if ever use their morphs and then some figures I use all of the time.

This limits my catalog quite a bit.

I don't give this list as any sort of criticism, just friendly requests. I admire the work Daz artists are doing!

I rarely ever use long hair on my male figures but when I do I seem to have a good enough variety and I can always use female hair on them.

It is the short hair that is really very limited either in style or colors. Some of the "really" short strand-based hair needs a bit more detail now. These products could stand to be improved upon.

More short styled hair for men is my number one request.

Thanks. wink

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited August 2022

by coincidence,  todays new release  https://www.daz3d.com/stylish-male-hair-bundle

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Hello FirstBastion I just bought the megabundle!

Lots of great offerings there!

Keep them coming, more more more short hair for males please!

heart

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Also, don't be afraid to pick up hairs for previous generations. Short hairs autofit very well most of the time because you don't have to worry about all sorts of nonsense gettting in the way, such as bangs and ponytails and the like.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Psyckosama said:

Also, don't be afraid to pick up hairs for previous generations. Short hairs autofit very well most of the time because you don't have to worry about all sorts of nonsense gettting in the way, such as bangs and ponytails and the like.

And with the Scene Identification trick, any G3 hair becomes fully functional G8/G8.1 hair with working bone structure (if there is any) with just a few clicks.

Autofitting looses the bones if there are any added. 

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    Autofitting looses the bones if there are any added. 

I know. It's why I mentioned bangs and pony-tails and the like. They're normally boned. Short hairs VERY rarely have those features.