Could the Daz artists expand on this product, "Genesis 8.1 Male body hair"?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282
edited August 2022 in Product Suggestions

Could the Daz artists expand on this product, "Genesis 8.1 Male body hair"?

First off, I will say this body hair product (in my opinion) is by far the best body hair product ever made for Genesis figures, specifically for Genesis 8.1 males.

I could go on for hours about how many features this has for hair... But I would like to write about what I feel may be missing.

I have noticed a few things, please correct me if I am wrong.

My first request, there is a preview hairs button that allows you to see the hairs in texture shaded mode, but I could not find a button to view the hairs in Iray. (Is there one?)

If there is not one this is my first request to expand the product to add an Iray view mode.

Secondly, there is no armpit hair, if this could be added in an expansion product that would be great.

Thirdly, there is no way to use geometry editor on the hair because it is Dforce. I would like to hide sections of the hair for instance around the beltline, so the hair does not protrude through clothing in spots.

I tend to think that it would be better if it was not Dforce. I am not sure how this might limit the product but, body hair is so short why is Dforce even necessary?

How would Dforce really be useful for hair that is so short, and it seems to have every editable parameter otherwise? It seems that the ability to use geometry editor would be more useful than Dforce.

I went into edit > object > geometry remove Dforce modifier and geometry editor would still not edit the hair so parts could be hidden.

If there is a way to remove Dforce so geometry editor can be used, please let me know if there is a link to a tutorial.

Perhaps if there was a Dforce and non Dforce version of the product.

I do not understand enough to know if this would limit other functionality of the hair in removing Dforce.

So, my requests for Genesis 8.1 Male body hair are,

Preview hairs in Iray

Armpit hair

And a non Dforce version that can be use with geometry editor.

Please let me know if I am overlooking any of these items.

I know I can use other armpit options from other vendors, but it would be nice to have one that matches this set and its powerful versatility.

You get a male dancer with their arms up in the air and I am scrambling for something to stick there. wink

Some hair presets and quick morphs would be nice was well for this product...

(It has just occured to me that this hair asset is probably Dforce so the hairs won't collide with each other.)

That is a nice feature.

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

To preview the hair, Parameter Tab > Simulation  > Preview PR hair on
    Armpit hair is unlikely; interfers with DForce collisions
    And, yes DForce hair can only be edited by Daz Artists using their special tools

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,878

nemesis10 said:

To preview the hair, Parameter Tab > Simulation  > Preview PR hair on

It may also be necessary to set viewport tesselation to at least 1.

And, yes DForce hair can only be edited by Daz Artists using their special tools

You can edit it by way of opacity maps in the density and length slots.