Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

With diferent eye color and hair, Milla Jojovich?

https://www.daz3d.com/cora-for-genesis-8-female

Of course, that's who she reminds me off!  I knew she was reminiscent of someone but I couldn't think of the name and it's been bugging me all day.  Thanks!!  

• beowolfbeowolf Posts: 20
    edited July 2018

Actually she reminds me of Anni Frid Lyngstad from ABBA when she was younger and they were at their peak.

00-main-cora-for-genesis-8-female-daz3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 156K
    76-12-16-annifrid-sp.jpg
    599 x 795 - 127K
    Post edited by beowolf on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited July 2018

I thought Angie Harmon.

AngieHarmon.jpg
    700 x 350 - 23K
    Post edited by Karibou on
  • digitelldigitell Posts: 577
    Odaa said:

digitell said:

I would love to see the character Stahma Tarr ( Jamie Murray )! Georgous character! I know that there is another place that has the Jamie Murray character (4Ren...something)..but it looks

nothing like Jamie Murray as Stahma Tarr.

Use one of those pale fantasy elf skins from another set to get closer to her alien char.

Yea that is a good idea I may try that. Thank you! :)

• In The FleshIn The Flesh Posts: 157
    edited July 2018

I've been working on an off on a couple of personal works.

Alan Rickman as Severus Snape in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on G8M

High res sculpt and custom texture WIP - rendered in Maya with Vray 

Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot on G8M

alan_rickman_g8m.PNG
    669 x 793 - 502K
    vray_render.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    rami_malek_g8m.PNG
    583 x 681 - 243K
    Post edited by In The Flesh on
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

Alan Rickman as Severus Snape in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on G8M

Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot on G8M

By Grabthar's Hammer these both look great - very recognizable. Eager to see progress on Severus.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752

I've been working on an off on a couple of personal works.

#1 Alan Rickman as Severus Snape in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on G8M

#2 Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot on G8M

#1 - makes me want to use him as an aged Sheriff of Nottingham...

#2 - looks frightfully real...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076

I think they are both awesome. I particularly like the way you have made the faces and the head shapes match the real people's. 

You sculpted those completely in zBrush from a DAZ G8M obj export I guess? And the skin texturing? I'd pay for a turtorial on how to make realistic skin textures from realistic photos.

Thanks for the kind comments. Both characters use the same process, sculpted in Mudbox from G8M. Textured with a combination of Mudbox and Substance Painter.

I have a traditional VFX background, but I'm looking to utilize Daz Studio to act as a base and build upon that for personal projects. Getting things out has been pretty sucessful; I've developed a (convoluted) process to get rigged G3M and G8M figures into Maya, including JCM and most importantly HD morphs. But getting things back into Daz Studio has been a pain.

I still have a lot to learn about how the software operates, so maybe one day I'll have something more to contribute. But here are a couple of small tips for anyone interested in creating your own characters:

- Reference is key, but sometimes it can be difficult to find multiple images of someone from different angles with consistant lighting. Check out movies/tv shows that the actor is in. For my projects, there are shots in both Mr. Robot and Harry Potter that feature the actor center frame as the camera rotates around them. Multiple Bluray / high resolution screenshots from those scenes gave great modelling reference for overall shape and proportion. Supplement this with high resolution editorial and press photos with finer detail reference.

- TexturingXYZ has great resources for sale for use in texturing and sculpting, with very reasonable prices for the quality you recieve. I also have a few alphas from Surface Mimic in my library, though I don't know how active the company still is.

- Asymetry can make or break a likeness - make sure to pay attention to both small details and large forms.That slightly droopy left brow, dry patch of skin or even the simple fact that everyones ears have some degree of asymetry can really make all the difference. 

- Don't start from the generic G8M or G8F. Obviously this depends on your intented final output and the licencing restrictions that entials, but getting your overall forms in the same ballpark as your reference can really speed up scultping. Morph the character in Daz Studio to have a similar volume and proportions to your reference, and export that for sculpting instead. Something like FaceGen could be used here too. Refine the morph in your sculpting application of choice and then import back into Daz and reverse the deformations, or import as a single morph (again, dependent on licencing restrictions).

- In my view, the base morph resolution can't really capture the more nuanced details in a face, but that can be partially mitigated by sclupting high resolution details into your morph. Still import the base resolution model into Daz, but bake normal maps and displacement maps for use in IRAY from the high resolution model. If you utilise layers while sculpting your morph, you could seperate out the large form changes to your displacement map and high frequency details to a normal map to mitigate render speed penalties.   

Anyway, don't want to get too off topic so that's enough rambling from me.

Cheers!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076

Thanks for the kind comments. Both characters use the same process, sculpted in Mudbox from G8M. Textured with a combination of Mudbox and Substance Painter.

I have a traditional VFX background, but I'm looking to utilize Daz Studio to act as a base and build upon that for personal projects. Getting things out has been pretty sucessful; I've developed a (convoluted) process to get rigged G3M and G8M figures into Maya, including JCM and most importantly HD morphs. But getting things back into Daz Studio has been a pain.

I still have a lot to learn about how the software operates, so maybe one day I'll have something more to contribute. But here are a couple of small tips for anyone interested in creating your own characters:

- Reference is key, but sometimes it can be difficult to find multiple images of someone from different angles with consistant lighting. Check out movies/tv shows that the actor is in. For my projects, there are shots in both Mr. Robot and Harry Potter that feature the actor center frame as the camera rotates around them. Multiple Bluray / high resolution screenshots from those scenes gave great modelling reference for overall shape and proportion. Supplement this with high resolution editorial and press photos with finer detail reference.

- TexturingXYZ has great resources for sale for use in texturing and sculpting, with very reasonable prices for the quality you recieve. I also have a few alphas from Surface Mimic in my library, though I don't know how active the company still is.

- Asymetry can make or break a likeness - make sure to pay attention to both small details and large forms.That slightly droopy left brow, dry patch of skin or even the simple fact that everyones ears have some degree of asymetry can really make all the difference. 

- Don't start from the generic G8M or G8F. Obviously this depends on your intented final output and the licencing restrictions that entials, but getting your overall forms in the same ballpark as your reference can really speed up scultping. Morph the character in Daz Studio to have a similar volume and proportions to your reference, and export that for sculpting instead. Something like FaceGen could be used here too. Refine the morph in your sculpting application of choice and then import back into Daz and reverse the deformations, or import as a single morph (again, dependent on licencing restrictions).

- In my view, the base morph resolution can't really capture the more nuanced details in a face, but that can be partially mitigated by sclupting high resolution details into your morph. Still import the base resolution model into Daz, but bake normal maps and displacement maps for use in IRAY from the high resolution model. If you utilise layers while sculpting your morph, you could seperate out the large form changes to your displacement map and high frequency details to a normal map to mitigate render speed penalties.   

Anyway, don't want to get too off topic so that's enough rambling from me.

Cheers!

Thanks, awesome tips.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I think Teen Josie resembles Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle from Gotham)

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948

More than a touch of Dame Judi Dench in this one methinks. Also the one in the hat appears to have some resemblence to Queen Elizabth II, around the mouth at least.

https://www.daz3d.com/various-faces-for-mabel-8

Various_Faces_for_Mabel_8_MAIN.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 277K
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

I'm getting an Emma Stone vibe from a few of the promo images for iSourceTextures new Rosaleen character. Very pretty.

btw Zombieland II (2019) with return of the original core cast is happening.

rosaleen-for-genesis-8-female-15-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 279K
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969
    Melanie_popup_01.jpg
    1000 x 1299 - 189K
  • Marley99Marley99 Posts: 40

That was the first thing that I thought when I saw her. I thought she looked like Meghan Markle. 

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited July 2018

Definitely....she's just missing the freckles, but it is a very close resemblance to the Duchess.  I was just thinking that Meghan's hairstyle in IRL actually resembles at least a couple of  OOT hairstyles laugh

Post edited by ThatGuy on
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606
    edited July 2018
    Post edited by jedijudd on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

She looks more like Rihanna to me.

jestmart said:

Certainly from the main promo picture

New one added

List updated

CS01 - Megan Fox

CS02 - Kim Kardashian

CS03 - Adriana Lima

CS04 - Gal Gadot

CS05 - Scarlett Johansson

CS06 - Liv Tyler

CS07 - Eva Mendes

CS08 - Emilia Clarke

CS09 - Jennifer Lopez

CS10 - Anjelina Jolie

CS11 - Kristen Stewart

CS12Jennifer Lawrence

CS13 - Emma Watson

CS14 - Jessica Alba

CS15 - Charlize Theron

CS16 - Pamela Anderson

CS17 - Jessica Biel

CS18 - Kate Upson

CS19 - Mila Kunis

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    AMarley said:

That was the first thing that I thought when I saw her. I thought she looked like Meghan Markle. 

That's exactly the first thing I thought when I saw the large promo.  I had to chuckle. I was coming over here to post but you guys already had!

• miguelxmiguelx Posts: 3
    edited July 2018

Now, for a counter example. I believe that Instagram virtual persona @lilmiquela head (https://www.instagram.com/lilmiquela) is built upon Raiya's Sapphire (https://www.daz3d.com/sapphire-hd-for-victoria-7). What do you guys think?

Lil_Miquela.jpg
    640 x 640 - 64K
    Post edited by miguelx on
  • miguelxmiguelx Posts: 3
    edited July 2018

A young Diana Ross, may be?

jestmart said:

Trinity_Diana-Ross.jpg
    964 x 480 - 147K
    Post edited by miguelx on
  • ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172

Getting strong Jennifer Lopez vibes from her face.

https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-sophia-hd-for-penny-8

• SangriartSangriart Posts: 28

Marvelous work and great tips, Intheflesh
    I just poke polygons until the result looks like something to me laugh

windy.jpg
    1195 x 1600 - 901K

I know she's a game character but as she's based on an actual person I'm looking for anything resembling Stefanie Joosten.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/267661/quiet

SJ.jpg
    630 x 1200 - 77K
  • ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 647
    edited July 2018

I've never played the game so I don't if this V4 version is close or not. The jaw seems significantly wider / squarer than the photo you attached. The outfit is available separately so maybe if you find a character that's closer then at least that part will be useful for you.

Edit: Oops, my bad. The bundle only includes the outfit and poses. No character model. Sorry about that.

Post edited by ColinFrench on

I've never played the game so I don't if this V4 version is close or not. The jaw seems significantly wider / squarer than the photo you attached. The outfit is available separately so maybe if you find a character that's closer then at least that part will be useful for you.

Edit: Oops, my bad. The bundle only includes the outfit and poses. No character model. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the reply. I use a combination of that, converted to G3F, and these for the outfit etc. Can't find the character though.

https://www.daz3d.com/slide3d-deadly-silence-poses-with-rifle-for-genesis-3-female-and-male

https://www.daz3d.com/slide3d-deadly-silence-clothes-for-genesis-3-female-s

Haruchai said:

I know she's a game character but as she's based on an actual person I'm looking for anything resembling Stefanie Joosten.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/267661/quiet

I replied in your thread as well, but figured I would copy it here too as it fits the topic:

Decided to have a crack at it, results attached.

I grabbed the XNALara model you metioned, which gave me great shape reference. Created some profile renders of the face, fed those through FaceGen to use as a base in Daz. Exported over to Maya and used a combo of manual tweaking and the sculpting toolset.

She's far from perfect, mainly some issues with the eyelashes and the waterline, but only a quick weekend project so this is where I finish with her. 

I'll try figure out how to package her up as a freebie tomorrow (if anyone has some helpful links they can point me to, it would be most appreciated).

Face morph only, no clothing or hair. Hesitant to share the textures as well; they are based on the RyJeane textures, but I overlayed features from the XNALara model. 

quietRender_1.PNG
    844 x 1238 - 1M
    quietScreen_1.PNG
    822 x 1066 - 864K
    quietScreen_2.PNG
    808 x 1103 - 896K
This discussion has been closed.