Inspiration From Your Work Space?

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
edited August 2022 in Carrara Discussion

I think it was Wendy who posted a few pictures of her work area a while back.  It reminded me of an old TV show "Ray Bradbury Theater", in which the great Scifi writer started the episodes by looking around his work space, filled with a LOT of wild stuff (link below).  I finally got off my tush and took a couple of pictures of my work space for short Carrara animations.  The lighting sucks, I know. I just opened the blinds and moved a few floor lamps around.  But all that stuff  you can't quite see the details of is the most cool - like that big, heavy box set of "The Complete Calvin & Hobbes".  laugh

IMG_1726 Full Size 1500x900 72dpi.jpg
1472 x 826 - 412K
IMG_1727 Full Size 1300x900 72dpi.jpg
1312 x 962 - 429K
Post edited by Steve K on

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,798
    edited August 2022

yes  this is where my wackiness modelling is done!

wackystation.jpg
    800 x 788 - 471K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Not mine, just something I saw in the Transformers movie extras, one of the ILM animators is the biggest Transformers fan, for real the biggest. "Charles Alleneck's wild office at ILM. Charles collects models and he's also an animator at Industrial Light and Magic. You've seen his work on Transformers."
    956a969a881e56c521d30114de84c1de--vintage-toys-palace.jpg
    736 x 490 - 117K
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

3drendero said:

Not mine, just something I saw in the Transformers movie extras, one of the ILM animators is the biggest Transformers fan, for real the biggest. "Charles Alleneck's wild office at ILM. Charles collects models and he's also an animator at Industrial Light and Magic. You've seen his work on Transformers."

That image somehow brought to mind the old Star Trek episode, "The Trouble With Tribbles"

star-trek-trouble-with-tribbles.png
    1000 x 563 - 778K
    Yeah, it is insane that ILM allows it, but it does seem like the right person for the job.
    Also not mine, but seems to be another way to tackle lack of inspiration, with a power nap.
    SmartSelect_20220816-211710_Firefox.jpg
    1370 x 2648 - 1M

3drendero said:

Also not mine, but seems to be another way to tackle lack of inspiration, with a power nap.

Yes, a good idea, except not for the 48 Hour Film contest (a five minute video in two days given a random genre, plus a required prop, character, and dialogue line).  The rule is "If you sleep, you're doing it wrong".

Steve K said:

3drendero said:

Yes, a good idea, except not for the 48 Hour Film contest (a five minute video in two days given a random genre, plus a required prop, character, and dialogue line).  The rule is "If you sleep, you're doing it wrong".

Then I guess a desk like this is needed for 48h shifts...
    denkrw-c2afdeea-b3ab-4f4c-9c22-65ff8af1f835.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 227K

"Then I guess a desk like this is needed for 48h shifts..."

laugh  Indeed.  Plus some 3AM walks through the park ... no lost time, though, thinking about how that next scene should work.  cool

The video dropoff party at a pub Sunday ~7PM is pretty wild.  Caffeine wired team members come staggering in, sometimes with the video still rendering on their laptop (it has to finish and be handed over on a flash drive to make the deadline).  The last ten seconds are counted down by the whole group, and usually one person will come running in holding a flash drive over his/her head.  Then the beer flows ...  >8-}

So is this the team look around hour 47?
    gloomy-businesswoman-with-zombie-greesepaint-using-computer-by-desk_274679-22703.jpg
    1480 x 986 - 240K

3drendero said:

So is this the team look around hour 47?

Pretty much.  And the guy on the left is the music guy, who has not yet been given anything to watch to add the music.  "Just a few more minutes ... "  But they want original compositions ... 

And BTW, that Jolt Cola image has a pretty funky looking monitor.  Is that a DOS ASCII screen of some type?  Brings back horrible nightmares ... remember "Abort, Retry, Ignore"?

https://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/midnight.dreary.html#:~:text=Again: “Abort, Retry, Ignore.”&text=I pressed again, but twice,what I had seen before.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited August 2022

My workstation is gathering dust, literally (you can see it on the desk).  This is the first time I have turned it on in weeks. Use Chromebook for emails, etc.  I just can't get inspired. Family issues... but, hopefully by Christmas things will get somewhat resolved.  Am desperate to get to the US for a visit in October. Husband turns 80 and it's our 30th wedding anniversary.  

I miss working with Carrara a lot,, especially as I invested in a new video card which has actually solved all my problems.  But the muse departnemt is just a big blank void riight now.  

frown  Silene

WorkNot.jpg
    1799 x 1799 - 3M
    Post edited by SileneUK on

SileneUK said:

My workstation is gathering dust, literally (you can see it on the desk).  This is the first time I have turned it on in weeks. Use Chromebook for emails, etc.  I just can't get inspired. Family issues... but, hopefully by Christmas things will get somewhat resolved.  Am desperate to get to the US for a visit in October. Husband turns 80 and it's our 30th wedding anniversary.  

I miss working with Carrara a lot,, especially as I invested in a new video card which has actually solved all my problems.  But the muse departnemt is just a big blank void riight now.  

frown  Silene

Looks like some heavy metal hardware.  Some of my inspirations for short animations come from old shows (Twilight Zone, Death Valley Days, Ray Bradbury Theater (see above), and my treasured set of "The Complete Calvin & Hobbes" three volume box set (22 lb., I get a workout just taking it down off the shelf).

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited August 2022

ha ha great to see inside minds and homes - this is mine, a 3d printing corner behind the fridge upstairs 

the computer stuff is in the office on the middle floor

workspace.jpg
    2667 x 2000 - 612K
    Post edited by Headwax on

Headwax said:

ha ha great to see inside minds and homes - this is mine, a 3d printing corner behind the fridge upstairs 

the computer stuff is in the office on the middle floor

Somehow "The Garden Of Earthly Delights" comes to mind, a favorite of mine which inspired this one minute animation:

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Thanks Steve K , really enjoyed that video, short sweet and succinct! And a narrative included. Yes Garden of Earthly delights is a stunner.