Day/Night City Backdrops

mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
edited August 2022 in Product Suggestions

ImagineX has some wonderful city backdrop products called Cityscapes. Among them are both "daytime" and "nighttime" city images. But what's missing is the SAME images in both day and night versions. Working on a number of scenes from the same highrise hotel window, and just completed a few at night using a Cityscape backdrop, but now that I'm switching to daytime scenes I discovered I have to switch to a completely different image: different buildings, different architecture. This makes it hard to keep continuity.

And even further (though I'm sure this would be more difficult) would be to add the appearance of buildings behind the first foreground row(s) of buildings, receding into the background with simulated depth of field.

I know this can all be done with actual poly buildings, but that's a huge undertaking, and it would be great for more time- and labor-saving products like these backdrops.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I couldn't find any, so I made my own city HDRIs with different lighting using Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 3.  I'd like to see a nicely done product like this, as well, because mine are getting old.

• Sevrin said:

I couldn't find any, so I made my own city HDRIs with different lighting using Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 3.  I'd like to see a nicely done product like this, as well, because mine are getting old.

Looks great! I have that product too and have used it a couple times, but I'm looking for something closer to "downtown LA" with more glass and steel.