Animation tools

Hi,

I saw this product: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-animation-tools--set-1

can someone recommend it or another product that can help with animations in Daz studio?

Thanks,

DogCat

Comments

• tfistfis Posts: 129

Mcasual tools.

1st choice

• Are there specific things you need help with?

• dogcatdogcat Posts: 48

tfis said:

Mcasual tools.

1st choice

Can you please elaborate?

Can you add a link?

Richard Haseltine said:

Are there specific things you need help with?

I created some animations with DS, but I find it a bit hard. For example, after you create an animation and watch it, you move the cursor to a specific point, stop it on one particular frame between the start and the end frame, and forget to move the cursor to the beginning. You start changing poses but didn't want to do that in this specific frame. How can you move the timeframes to another frame? Trying to drag it with the mouse won't work. Only expanding the parameters in the timeline and dragging keyframes

This is just one example, but any tool that can help create an animation to be easier and more productive will be great, even a paid tutorial.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

dogcat said:

Richard Haseltine said:

How can you move the timeframes to another frame? Trying to drag it with the mouse won't work.

Welcome to issue #1 of 500. Copy an paste the keyframes and delete the old ones.

Here's the link to the scripts (but I don't think you find them useful at this moment. But later!)

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts10/home/scripts

Buy him a coffee, if you use them.

• dogcat said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I created some animations with DS, but I find it a bit hard. For example, after you create an animation and watch it, you move the cursor to a specific point, stop it on one particular frame between the start and the end frame, and forget to move the cursor to the beginning. You start changing poses but didn't want to do that in this specific frame. How can you move the timeframes to another frame? Trying to drag it with the mouse won't work. Only expanding the parameters in the timeline and dragging keyframes

This is just one example, but any tool that can help create an animation to be easier and more productive will be great, even a paid tutorial.

You do need to seelct first, you can't just click-and-drag on an unselected key.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Richard Haseltine said:

dogcat said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You do need to seelct first, you can't just click-and-drag on an unselected key.

To be fair, that is how such thing works in any other program and if I remember correctly, that was how it worked up to DS 4.9  

Richard Haseltine said:

dogcat said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I tried selecting it and moving it, didn't work. Only when I expand to see the interpolation type can I move them, but if I need to move all of them at once (the little triangle on the timeline becomes yellow if you select it). I can't move the collapsed keyframe on the same object.

Please see attached images.

The first is expanded, and the second is collapsed.

Capture.PNG
    450 x 354 - 28K
    Capture.PNG
    490 x 476 - 43K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

You cannot select a marker by clicking on it, you need to draw a square around it to select it (or them). This was changed between 4.9 and 4.12 and it took me quite a while to figure it out.

• There is "Walk It" and other neat plugins at pilning [dot] net.

By 3D Universe:
    https://www.daz3d.com/limbstick-for-genesis-3-and-above
    https://www.daz3d.com/spring-dynamics-for-daz-studio

There are several free tutorials over at YouTube, for eg:

PerttiA said:

You cannot select a marker by clicking on it, you need to draw a square around it to select it (or them). This was changed between 4.9 and 4.12 and it took me quite a while to figure it out.

Even if I draw a marker and select them, I can't drag them.

Can you?

• surrealsurreal Posts: 160
    edited October 2022

If you want to move(drag) keys on more than one node/bone(parent and recursive child nodes) as a single movement, then this trick works for me: (drag on a property key, circle/square/poly icon not triangle icon) {circle with T, or poly with L or square with C}

1.     In the Timeline pane, select the figure.
    2.     Collapse it to the highest level that you want to move(e.g. hip or skeleton) the keys on. (this is not strictly required, I find it easier to have the fewest levels showing when I want to select keys for all recursive child nodes)
    3.     Hold left mouse button down and drag mouse around the key(s) that you want to move.
    4.     Then expand the property level below it (if this level does not have any key then keep expanding until you get to a level that does have keys). TRICK is as long as you have at least one property key(circle/square/poly icon not triangle) showing & selected that you can drag on.
    5.     With the mouse cursor directly over a highlighted single property key(circle/square/poly icon not triangle) click and holding down left mouse button to drag the keys. Let go on the frame you wish to move the key to.
    6.     Depending on how many subkeys have been selected and your PC's specifications the highlighted key may move as you drag or there may be a delay between your mouse movement and the highlighted keys actually moving.

Dragging on the triangle icon does work sometimes, I do not know why. Dragging on the property key(circle/square/poly) appears to always work.

If I wish to move keys on individual properties then simply selecting the keys and dragging works, without all of the above.

NOTE: the timeline does not show all key types and thus the above will only move those keys that are shown and selected in the timeline. Check the Timeline Options menu(right mouse click) and its "Property Types" submenu to see which key types are shown in the timeline.

Post edited by surreal on