Bryce 5.5 Free

Hello

My serial number stopped working.

I tried to install to program and it rejects the serial. Is there a tool for fixing this? SHould I post the serisl here for the admin?

Comments

• Are you sue it is the correct serial number, labelled Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com on https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers ? What is your operating system, and what security software are you running?

• I have the same problem. I tried to install this older version of Bryce, because animation is not working

correct in Bryce 7.1. The serialnumbers from 'My Serial Numbers' do not work and a new download is

not possible.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120
    edited November 2022

I checked the files in my installed Bryces. Note that the files are hidden, make sure hidden files are displayed.
    Bryce 4: Bryce4.dta (104 characters, not readable)
    Bryce 5.0 (DE, Corel): Bryce.dta (104 characters, not readable but different)
    Bryce 5.0 (EN, DAZ): Bryce.dta (104 characters, not readable but different)
    Bryce 5.5 (Daz): No serial number file
    Bryce 6.0: .Bryce60.dta (4 lines: username <your name> sernum <BY60CRD-xxxxxxx-xxx>
    Bryce 6.1: exactly like Bryce 6.0 (also numbers)
    Bryce 6.3: exactly like Bryce 6.0 (also numbers)
    Bryce 7.1: .Bryce70.dta (like 6.0 but different number BDZCPRO-070-xxxxxxx-xxx-xxx-xxxxxxx)
    Except Bryce 5.5 and 7.1 the user name and serial number is shown on the start screen.

I still find the serials on my Account, Serial Numbers (except Bryce 4, I have a CD):
    Bryce 5.0 Free,
    Bryce 5.5 FREE Dnld.com
    Bryce 6.3
    Bryce 7 Pro

Post edited by Horo on
  • Hallo Horo,

I don't understand 'the files are hidden' I have a Bryce 5.5 exe file and during the installation

I need a serialnumber

Bryce.JPG
    751 x 556 - 60K

There is no Bryce55.dta file like for the other Bryce versions and if you (can) start it, there is no name and number on the start-up screen (neither on 7.1, but when you use Help > About Bryce... there it is on top left). I cannot find my Serial for 5.5 other than in My Account > Serial Numbers. Have you tried to open a ticket and ask for updating the Serial numbers in your account?

• I tried to open a ticket but this also didn't work. I think it's standard here.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

The open a ticket thing is a bit tricky:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Click on the "Sign in" button - if you are logged into the store, it works automagically.

Then use the "Submit a Request" button.

Grapholix - this is all very funny (or maybe rather annoying). I remember that I had that registration screen once but do not remember what I did - maybe leave it empty and go to Next. That was on Win2000. Since then, I copied the complete Bryce 5.5 folder to XP, later to 7 and even later to 10.
    I just copied the files from the CD on my Win10 laptop (only Bryce 71 installed) and did a full Bryce 5.5 install, including Studio 0.9.20.5, Lightning, the updates and the additions. I started up Bryce 5.5 and it came up without that Registration screen, started and could be used.